Even though this was a one owner boat, it needs quite a bit of maintenance from a mechanical stand point. No matter where I look, I find more to fix. Here are a few horror stories to get the project thread rolling, but so far the work has been rather limited - I stripped out the dash and original DC switch panels which were over due for replacement. No surprises here. I removed both of the heat exchangers for inspection. The CAT unit for the motor will be cleaned, assembled, & pressure tested. The aftermarket cooler for the transmission will be scrapped and replaced with a CAT unit. As chance would have it, a crack in the prop hub was revealed when I took a random photo. The light must have been just right because it was not that visible by eye when looking at it until I pulled it off the shaft. Sure enough, the crack had originated at the key seat. Removal of the cast iron exhaust elbow (which is a BAD idea to begin with) revealed that it was original from 1981! So it's no surprise that the turbo looked like this. I was told that the motor was actually converted to marine use when it was new and that this might have been overlooked. Kind of shocking to be honest, but not with my luck. Ha ha. So I have a new bronze CAT replacement elbow to install. This also explains why the plumbing for the cooling system was not factory designed. There was just enough slope to the rotten elbow which enabled most of the water to drain away from the motor, but it sure does look fugly in there. The motor ran great before winterizing, and the turbo still spins freely. I was very lucky to pick up a parts motor with all of the correct plumbing parts, trans cooler, and a turbo with nice fluffy black soot on the blades. So there might be hope after all. Next month the bottom will be blasted by Billings Media Blasting to remove who knows how many layers of old school hard bottom paint. We'll see what that reveals. I don't live on Elm Street, but this is definitely a nightmare.