25' Atlas Boat Works Acadia

Discussion in 'Found Boats For Sale' started by Haddock, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Haddock

Haddock Member

Jon likes this.
  2. archsea bunker

archsea bunker Member

My friend had one and I spent quite a bit of time on it, in shore and 25 miles out fishing for black fish. The boat I believe is made in Florida, the one in the picture is the same model I spent time on. In my opinion and I have spent a lot of time on different boats in different places it is a well built , well finished and well thought out compact boat. That said it is 25 ft and 8 ft beam . The fuel tank is small but then it is very economical on fuel with the Yanmar. It has a small head and sink down below . The bunk area would be tight enough but my friend did overnight on it. It has quite a keel for its size and handles good. The only issue we had and I think it may be more our fault than the boat was the placement of the bildge pump in the bildge and water splashed on the starter and we had to replace it and that was one hell of a job to accomplish. We were based in NYC. It all depends what you want the boat for, It is a good looking boat, sadly Hurricane Sandy was to spoil the fun but I had good times on that boat before we moved up to bigger stuff, I would have no problem reccomending it on its own merits. Good luck.

3. Haddock

Haddock Member

Thank you for the feedback Archsea Bunker; I had never seen or heard of this boat before but it looked quite interesting for a small format. I was looking to get into something small but manageable for some solo tuna wishing trips since my brother-in-law sold his 46' Wesmac. It is in my price range and looking to upgrade from my 23' Maritime Marine Voyager for some overnight action.

4. archsea bunker

archsea bunker Member

No harm to sea trial.

5. Haddock

Haddock Member

Agreed, 2+ hours is a short drive for a nice upgrade; they also have a 1987 Fortier for the same $. Decisions decisions!

6. BobGeo

BobGeo Member

In 2 years I'll be retiring and have been looking for a small down east to do the great loop. I read with much interest on this site, Spence's great loop adventure in a DE 24'. A friend turned me on to the Acadia 25, he said they were a small custom shop in Cape Coral Fl. I sent them an email requesting some information, specifically about purchasing a hull and deck. My brother in-law is a Merc mechanic and dealer, and i wasn't interested in a Suzuki engine. I also wanted to "customize" it myself-with things like a stainless rub rail, upgraded upholstry, and so on. I was disappointed that the response was "Thanks for your interest. We only sell operational boats, no kits etc. Current base price w/200 Suzuki is 90,000. Thanks". I was really surprised (and disappointed) that the builder had no interest in working with me? I would think in this day, with so may builders going "out of business" that they would be happy to build what I want? Oh well,....who can suggest another builder for a DE 24-28' outboard for the Great Loop?? Thanks,