CAT C7 experience and opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Downeast Engine Room' started by xbskt, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Machias

Machias Member

Yeah tryin to find a prop is the prob... they say it’s a 12-16wk wait on a new one...

2. eyecatcher

eyecatcher Member

I know i was just quoted 12 weeks too for a michigan i was trying to match up. But I'm probably going to get a veem conquest really nice wheels, probably nicest you can get for the money and fully cnc machined mint right out of the box. You'd might have to drop another inch pitch since they are a little more blade area compared to the hy torq. The best thing is Veem says they can get em in 7 days anywhere. They are trying to take over the US. Conquest Propellers | Fully CNC Machined Propellers I'm going to get mine from Mark Long Island Propeller (631) 345-6295 -Ben.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  3. Machias

Machias Member

Did some research called everybody called fast propellers.com goin with Conquest Veem 26x20 Nibral 4 blade they will have the prop to the boatyard in 7 days. 12-18 week quote for a michigan and 10 weeks for another...

eyecatcher likes this.
  4. eyecatcher

eyecatcher Member

did you get to fit the wheel yet?

5. captjohn

captjohn Senior Member

Retired field engineer, aircraft
    Boat Make:
    Henriques
    Apples and oranges comparison. Good truck engines don't always make good boat engines. The inverse is also true, bad truck engines do not always make bad boat engines. A perfect example would be the Cat 3208, they had a poor record in trucks, and were one of the better marine engines.

Charlotte likes this.
  6. Machias

Machias Member

The veem ended up taking 4 weeks total so I haven’t put it on yet. I got a deal on a 4 blade Canadian bronze wheel 26x20 and turned 2925 23.5 knots 2400 was 18 knots burnin 17 gal/hr ~2050 14 knots 10-11gph

eyecatcher likes this.
  7. True North1

True North1 Member

What was the price for that?

8. sidep

sidep Member

I own a c7 cat with 2015 hrs on it. If you need info on it or likes and dislikes I can I can tell you.