Fortier 26, vs Seaworthy 28 vs Albin 28 TE

Discussion in 'Downeast Boat NEWBIES' started by The Porgyman, Jun 20, 2018.

1. 26 Fortier

26 Fortier Member

Boat Make:
    1984 Fortier
    26 Fortier is the most stable inshore fishing platform you'll find. Hard chine with molded in spray rail from bow to stern for extra stability.Huge cockpit, fishes big, 10' beam, economical you can fish all day running for 3 hours for under $40 3gph @ 14mph.(diesel)
    Can be hairy in a steep following sea, You'll Learn to read the water and adjust speed and course accordingly. Hi gunnels for kids. MAKE SURE YOUR KID AND FAMILY ARE OK WITH THE DIESEL SMELL!!!
    This can ruining them if they are use to gas engines. Had mine for 13 years, Fortier stands behind their products. Call them any time they will respond. If you want a yacht finish the Fortier is the way to go to keep the wife happy. Also it Comes with head, frig and sink. If you want a kit boat BHM is it, and more roll with the soft chine.
    Rear controls and tiller are awesome for bucktailing bass or power drifting fluke.
    All the best, remember Fortier's are cored hulls. Normally no issues, with factory thru hull installs. Need to check additional thru hull work done buy inexperienced glass workers.

All the best.

2. Ditchdigger

Ditchdigger Captain

3. BHC.com

BHC.com Member

If you are considering the 26 Fortier I would also consider a 26 Webber’s Cove.
    It’s a very big 26 and I know 1st hand it’s great in every sea condition, especially following/quartering sea.

Eastporter likes this.
  4. The Porgyman

The Porgyman Member

Thanks for suggestions everyone !!

5. Muscie

Muscie Senior Member

CPA
    Boat Make:
    36 Flowers finished by Cape Island, 2014 ; 645 QSM11
    I second that- had one for 11 years & really enjoyed it- I had a 370 yanmar & it was good match for my purposes. It had reasonable accommodations for overnighting with 2 adults & 1 child.

6. Hooper

Hooper Captain

I had the same decision to make ten years ago. Ultimately went with the Seaworthy over the Fortier because I reasoned, if I bought the Fortier, I could see myself selling in a few years to buy a larger Downeaster anyhow. The is a Fortier in the Found Boats section from somewhere up the Hudson, I was going to buy that boat, it was on the Vineyrd. I really liked it, but for the Seaworthy and went that way instead. The Fortier is worth a look I would say.