Just started looking 20' DE need advice on manufacturers

Discussion in '"Pocket" Downeast Boats (14-24ft)' started by Justin Caldwell, Aug 25, 2017.

1. slowzuki

slowzuki Member

Boat Make:
    Rosborough RF-18
    Lot of the old 246's have i/o diesels, some very very old ones are inboards.

2. Toolate

Toolate Captain

Building contractor
    Boat Make:
    1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
    I had an 03 Seaway that was 21' and had a single 150 outboard on a bracket and it was feather light. Went like a demon at WOT but porpoises like crazy without trim in anything but flat water. So light that I think it was too light and would have preferred it to be heavier if I was going anywhere on it. Good boat that might fit the bill for your vehicle if you are set on keeping it.

3. duxbait

duxbait Captain

Fisherman
    20' and under is a fairly small boat, with anything larger having seemingly exponentially more space. In my opinion, I would stick with a center console and make benefit of all the space the boat has to offer. A <20' boat in an open center console design should weigh around or under 3500lbs with the trailer and fuel.

I saw this boat for sale on Facebook a few days ago and liked the look, just an idea.

good luck

Attached Files:

4. Hobie1

Hobie1 Member

1997 shamrock pilothouse might be what your looking for, they pop up every few months