Midland refurb

Discussion in 'Downeast Projects and Boat Building' started by F.V. Christie Jeanne, Jul 10, 2018.

1. F.V. Christie Jeanne

F.V. Christie Jeanne Member

Been workin on my 77 midland and just finished the hull, looking for anybody who has one with a self bailing deck

doug hill likes this.
  2. F.V. Christie Jeanne

3. SHORT STEP

SHORT STEP Senior Member

retired
    Boat Make:
    Tripp / midland
    Raised the deck 1-3/4 , just launched it to mark the water line and it self bails with a 300 lb OB . I will still plug the scuppers when drifting . Where are u located , there are a few midlands in the Clinton Ct area ,they are on here and will help . Do a Midland search on here
    Bob

F.V. Christie Jeanne likes this.
  4. Gene Jr.

Gene Jr. Member

Collision Repair Shop Manager
    Boat Make:
    Midway
    I have a 1976 with a self bailing deck. With a 90 4-stroke it doesn't take on water while sitting but does in use. Mine is trailered so I have the scuppers plugged. I would like to find quality scuppers that would allow me to open them up and use as intended.

F.V. Christie Jeanne likes this.
  5. Thomas

Thomas Senior Member

Retired
    Boat Make:
    Terry Jason 28
    Sweet looking boat

6. F.V. Christie Jeanne

9C4DF00B-57C3-46FF-9669-9CB5BD2188ED.jpeg Thanks, Iā€™m thinking of raisin deck
    2ā€ and leaving about 4ā€ in the transom at original height so water will run off the deck, I had it sprayed to match my regulator

doug hill likes this.
  7. doug hill

doug hill New Member

Boat Make:
    Scotia 23 Midland 19
    I just picked up my second Midland 19' My original had a deck that was above the waterline and the scuppers only flowed when I stood at the transom. I installed the check ball outside cups and they worked well. This new acquisition has had the deck lowered about 4" as well as the scaupper holes and they flood without being under way. Time for a new deck anyway so it will be raised back up to the original level. My Novi has actual scupper flaps and they work very well. They are about 3"x6" and seal decent when backing down and allow me to flush off the biproducts of my traps with out hassle. I'm sure most marine stores would carry a good scupper flap.