Nauset 24/25

Discussion in 'Downeast Boat NEWBIES' started by RCLS2016, Jun 15, 2018.

1. RCLS2016

RCLS2016 Member

Can anyone educate me on the Nauset 24 and 25' boats? How would they compare to a Fortier?
    Thank you in advance

2. CaptShip

CaptShip Member

Retired and it's a hard job . . .
    Boat Make:
    Coastal 24
    Nauset/Coastal/Tripp at one time had the mold designed by Royal Lowell. Mine is the 1987 Coastal version that was repowered in 2004 with a Marine Power 5.7/350 Vortec. I was fortunate to purchase from a forum member - keelboater - who did the heavy lifting on maintaining/restoring. We keep the boat in midcoast Maine using it for day trips and find it handles the conditions well for it's size. It is beamy at 9.5 for it's length and hard chined. Have heard the model called a "poor mans Fortier". Perhaps one of the Fortier owners on the forum can tell you about their boat. The Fortier is longer by 2 feet and at least 2000 lbs heavier and is very well regarded from the reviews I have read.

Attached Files:

3. Keelboater

Keelboater Captain

Boat Make:
    35' Bruno & Stillman
    I miss that boat! ;) It is a very fast and very stable platform. Not fancy, but just right in that size range. You can rig it any way you want to. The Fortier would be a step up from this boat, but I would say they will both get you to the same places and back again safely......other than range on the diesel powered Fortier.

CaptShip likes this.
  4. RCLS2016

RCLS2016 Member

Nice looking boat! thank you for the info fellas.