Pointer 18' Console Position

Discussion in '"Pocket" Downeast Boats (14-24ft)' started by P18Flirt, May 16, 2017.

1. P18Flirt

P18Flirt Member

Boat Make:
    Pointer 18
    Hello All,

I am refinishing the deck/ interior of my Pointer 18 this spring, and while I am at it am thinking of moving the console a bit. Currently it seems a little far forward, which with a light Honda 50 ends up with a bow down bias when running, and sitting at the mooring.

Would moving the console and seat back 7" make a significant difference in balance? This would leave me with 48" from the seat tot he transom, which I need for lobstering in the summer.

Hoping this small move may help her sit a bit better on mooring and not push the bow as much in a seaway. It would also give me a bit more room for dodger in the future.

Appreciate any advice in advance...

Jeff

734.JPG 1205.JPG

2. BOSBoatMan

BOSBoatMan Captain

Boat Make:
    1992 Nauset Bridgedeck Sportfish with Cummins 6BTA & 2013 Carolina Skiff J12 25 Yamaha 2S
    Does water pool in the bow when it rains...?

3. P18Flirt

P18Flirt Member

Boat Make:
    Pointer 18
    No water in bow... self draining at mooring pretty well. After a heavy rain there may be some water forward, but not much.

4. 2brits

2brits Member

My pointer 18 rides a little low in the bow and when I built my console I moved it back quite a bit

5. dwnhmr

dwnhmr Member

On my Pointer I moved the battery out from under my console to port side aft, along with a 6 fuel tank. The change raised the bow about an 1" Also helped with a starboard list due to pot hauler on Starboard side.

Attached Files: