Source for windows/windshields?

Discussion in 'Downeast Projects and Boat Building' started by nick5446, Jul 2, 2018.

1. nick5446

nick5446 Member

Looking to replace my flat plexi sheet windshields with some pop-outs. I'd also like to replace my port side window with a slider, or possibly a pop-out. Where's the best place to go for these? Online or in person is fine. I'm on the north shore of Mass if that helps.

A quick search makes it seem like this might be a custom thing, but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

2. sailor of fortune

sailor of fortune Captain

Tug Boat Captain in New York
    Boat Make:
    2 Home made skiffs
    lots of people like the Marinelite line made in Canada. Wynn is a domestic manufacturer. I have had many of their windows and liked them.

3. Keelboater

Keelboater Captain

Boat Make:
    35' Bruno & Stillman
    Wynne Industries in Alabama. Check their web site - it has directions to make patterns. I recently ordered from them and would not hesitate to go that route again. The windows fit perfectly. Made in U.S.A. is nice for a change as well!

4. port side patriot

port side patriot Member

Boat Make:
    2008 eastern 24 cc and 2003 Young Brothers 35
    Wynne windows was a seamless process just call with the dimensions. I ordered Over this past winter for my 3 forward facing windows had them in 4 weeks to New Jersey. shipping and price for quality was a good deal in my opinion. cut in and install was also easy

5. southshore30

southshore30 Senior Member

firefighter/charterboat captain
    Boat Make:
    Calvin Beal/Southshore 30
    I’ve had Wynne windows in my boat since 2002 and they have held up very well

6. powderpro

powderpro Captain

Boat builder, commercial salmon fisherman
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    O'Neil
    I just installed 10 Wynne windows in my new boat, they are easy to work with and make a really nice product.

7. manni-yunk

manni-yunk Senior Member

What do Windows cost? I have 5 front windows and I would like to replace the (2) opening windows with fixed windows. I also have leaks in (2) of my side windows that are sliders and I would like to replace them with sliders.... What is a ballpark cost of new windows? Someone told me to go with DSG.....Is there a difference in quality between Wynne and DSG?

8. powderpro

powderpro Captain

Boat builder, commercial salmon fisherman
    Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    O'Neil
    Manni- window costs vary depending on manufacturer, size, style, and finishes. I have installed windows from DSG, AJR, Motion, and Wynne. Without a doubt, of those 4 manufactures, Wynne is the best window for the money, and they were really easy to work with. I stopped using windows from DSG a long time ago (I continued buying their doors until 2014), I found their windows prices to be very high, customer service at times left much to be desired, and in my opinion Wynne's product quality is every bit what DSG offered back in 2011 when I last installed their windows. The boat I recently built had 10 Wynne windows total; 3 sliders and 7 fixed. Total including shipping was $3k, but they were not powder coated or tinted. That's a bargain imo for the quality they offer.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Parttime likes this.
  9. Brainey

Brainey Senior Member

Manager - Environment, Safety and Health Departmen
    Boat Make:
    Momentarily Boatless
    Agreed - Wynne - very impressed with their quality and customer service. I'll use them again if I can find my next boat.