14’ holland

Alext123

1st Mate
First Name
Alex
I recently picked up a 14 holland that is in need of a full rebuild. I probably won’t start it till winter and I’m not very good about taking pictures of my projects but figured I’d start a thread on it. I know I enjoy watching people’s build threads for different ideas and what not.

My plan is to use the boat as a tender to my general marine on the mooring/beach/striper fishing.
I also stopped by Holland’s shop and picked up a console for it. I plan on cutting everything out of it and rebuild it using composite materials. Probably make a bigger seat with storage in it in the bow. Console with seat forward of it with storage in it and probably just glass in bulkhead a foot or 2 from transom and maybe one of those cooler seats.
She’s rough

D3E758A5-65EA-441C-AD91-44767E91C9AB.jpeg

9D13E8AF-04CE-43F6-BF52-27606E3237F3.jpeg

First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Coombs Cove……unfinished.
Nice find! I’ve been looking with no luck.
Good luck with it!

Alext123

1st Mate
First Name
Alex
Better off having Glenn build you one. 5200$ for a bare hull. That’s what I should have done

First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Coombs Cove……unfinished.
Yea it’s amazing how much they go for regardless of condition.
I actually just ordered a ROS 16. Didn’t really want a new one but I’m excited

Alext123

1st Mate
First Name
Alex
Not sure on lead time. They had 2 or 3 being built when I was there.

14 is a good size for what I do. Currently have a 14’ Lund that been using for years but aluminum boats just don’t do it for me. I pretty much use it to get to and from my mooring with my fishing gear or take wife to the beach and inshore fish

sockeye

Deckhand
I ordered a hull last month hoping for a mid-winter delivery and was told maybe late fall. As of last week, the hull lamination was completed and the bottom coring was being finalized. I'm now scrambling for a way to get it home. What's the best trailer? Who's the best trailer dealer in MA?

Alext123

1st Mate
First Name
Alex
I have bought a trailer from the trailer outlet in tilton nh before and he was great. I purchased a second hand but new roadking trailer and am less than impressed with the quality. It is the trailer for my current Lund but I had to tow it up to milbridge Maine to pick up this Holland and before I made the 5 hour trip I checked the bearings and one side was toast cause of water. Found welding slag all over the seal surface on the spindle.

Can’t Glenn hook you up and fit a trailer for you?

sockeye

Deckhand
Glenn just suggested a 16’ to avoid backing my truck in the water. I will check out the trailer outlet. Thanks for the recommendation.

Top Bottom