Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
Well, 4 years later I was cleaning out one garage to move crap to another garage and decided to finally swap those engines.

I seem to remember someone saying something about 30 hp max?;)
Just a recommendation right?........
Haha!

Got the little boat all cleaned up and the stickers on, she shined up nice! The capacity place says 5 people, 800 lbs gear, and 30HP max.

Can't wait to run it around the Linekin Bay with 55 ponies on her! Woot! Woot!
Got to love an old two smoke.
That Johnson looks like it was made for that boat.
Good work John.
I'd suggest getting into that transom before it gets real bad. I saw the cracking. Looked like it was very early in the process.
You might just be able to scarf a new piece of marine ply in, wrap the area in glass and not redo the whole transom.
Love that little rig. Makes me want to get the skiff finished.

Last edited:

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
I have a new skiff on the way and here I was going to put a nice, reasonable 30 hp on her. Can't let John have ANOTHER boat faster than mine, gotta go find something special on craigslist!

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make

capt38

Lieutenant
Boat Make
31' Eastern / 18' Tripp
Went for a ride this morning and the engine is too high so it cavitates bad when it planes out, hauling it back out this afternoon to lower it. I can only lower it another inch, so if that doesn’t do it the Yamaha is going back on and there will be a great running Johnson for sale.

I’m sure I could do an early repair on the transom but I’d like to just cut it out and make the transom out of coosa, lighten it up a bit. My buddies Holland has a bigger engine than the Yamaha and sits higher in the water than mine, so all we can figure is my transom has some weight to it.
Hey John, the new garage looks great!

Captn' Spalding

Lieutenant
First Name
Adam
Boat Make
1976 Unknown Novi Skiff
That ought to scoot right along. At least you have a little more adjustment to hopefully take care of the cavitation issue. Did you get out on the water again? How is is running now?

I had a similar issue with the top of my transom. It had one thin layer of glass that separated at the edge. Fixed for now, but I know the plywood is soaked. Hope to get a year or two out of it before I have to replace.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make

Samp

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
AJ28
Try giving AccuTech Marine a call. They have a shop in Dover, NH, and I know they have a runner that does pickup and drop off all over the region. They once took a ding out of a stainless steel prop I had, and it wasn’t unreasonably expensive, but that was several years ago. They had all kinds of props in their shop, big and small, and the guy takes pride in his workmanship. He could probably help you out. Good luck.

Top Bottom