19 Midland rebuild

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
So this summer I was given a 19 midland and trailer, papers and all. The boat is an '81 with an '86 Johnson 70 hp. The hull is in awesome shape the deck looks good until you press on it and its soft city. It's got a very simple console which I may somehow use but we will see. My plans are basically the same as everyone else. New deck, new foam, fuel under the deck, and a fancy paint job. I'm not going to get started for another week or so but I'm sitting in Louisiana right now not hunting and watching the rain fall so I thought now is as good a time as any to start this thread.

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Let's see some photos! Welcome aboard!

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Funkmasta just texted me wanting to know if you could post pics from an ipad.. anyone out there got any experience with this?

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
I tried Eastport but can't from the iPad. Like bill said does anybody know if you can post them from iPad Am I missing something here. If I can't I will from comp next week

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Tunascapes

Commander
From any of my apple devices I can always load under the manage attachments near the bottom of the page and click choose file. Not sure if that's the right way but it has worked on my iPad.

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
Nope that's what I did and it doesn't allow me to select the choose file tab at all. I'll do the pics on comp in morning

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
So I finally got a break from fishing this week and got to start ripping apart the boat. I removed an entire gunnels worth of ten year old p t that was held down w steel carriage bolts. Then I undid all the random wiring, steering, and shifter cables. Next I detached the console from the deck and decided to cut a hole in the deck to see what I was up against. It wasn't pretty! Rotten wood, god knows how much water, moisture in the stringer that is glassed, and enough foam to float the titanic. It's about to get fun......I think.......

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Fun times usually start with "oh what did I get myself into this time?"

Once the rotten stuff is gone then you will get to feeling much better about the project I'm sure

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
Well I opened her up and have lost total interest in the build. It's all for sale if anyone is interested.

Funk massta bass

Lieutenant
Not really sure how much. Not a lot really. The only problem is that I have it with me in Florida. Let me know how interested u are and maybe we can figure something out. Hate to make a wreck out of it!

Top Bottom