19' Seaway Project

sp543

1st Mate
whats the construction method for these boats? do they have solid glass stringers and hull or are they wood core? are the transoms prone to issues? considering going to take a look at it, but judging by the price it probably needs much more than a wash and a wax.

jigger80

Deckhand
whats the construction method for these boats? do they have solid glass stringers and hull or are they wood core? are the transoms prone to issues? considering going to take a look at it, but judging by the price it probably needs much more than a wash and a wax.

wood core stringers and transoms. Normal failure rate as with most other boats when encapsulation is compromised by installation of fixtures etc and not properly sealed.

The ad says Yamaha but thats an Evinrude bolted on there.

BOSBoatMan

Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
@Jangles - at that price point, I'm willing to bet it's gone.

Many peoples out there looking for something for twenty-five hundo!

seahaven

1st Mate
Boat Make
1984 Sisu 22
Put back on CL, info anyone?

1988 19' Seaway cruiser

This thread started when this boat was listed last June - did anyone go see it? The picture is terrible. The listing still says Yamaha, but in the thread people had said it was an Evinrude.

Jangles

1st Mate
I never was able to contact the owner. The previous listing didn't have a phone number.

My guess? The floor and transom are rotted out. Not that it wouldn't be worth fixing.

I bought a CC model instead, though the seafarer still intrigues me.

Top Bottom