1977 JC 31' SOLD

rubrail

Lieutenant
1977 JC 31’ - 370hp Cummins (low hours)

Fully enclosed pilot house w/ sliding doors. Flush deck. Extended house. Fresh topside, deck and cockpit paint (2021). Bottom paint (May 2021) Used for rec fishing and diving

Re-man Cummins 6BTA 370hp (2017)

21-22 kts max; 16 – 17 cruise @ approx. 7-9 gph

Current hours - 330

Twin Disc gear 2:1 (rebuilt and installed 2017)

Dripless shaft seal (2017)

Seaboard Marine SMX Double Multi-stage fuel filter w/ primer in addition to on engine FF

X2 60 gal fuel tanks (P&S w/ selector)

Garmin GPSMaps 741xs MFD

600w thru hull transducer

Garmin 3006C plotter

Humminbird 898HD side scan sonar, plotter, sounder

Cetrex Pilot 730 auto pilot

Furuno 4’ open array radar and cables (needs display unit)

(Simrad GO9 MFD, Radar, Total Scan, Sounder, w/ transducer negotiable but not included in listing)

22’ single spreader Lees Outriggers in 6’ bases

Center rigger

Tackle station

Fishing chair w/ rocket launcher

Dive tank bench

Outlets for electric reels (P/S)

Removable fish box in transom

Swim platform

35 Gal FW tank

RW washdown

Aux heater to Pilot house and cabin

Microwave

Inverter

Dual bunks

Porta-potty (plumbed for marine head w/ thru-hull – Dometic head included (rebuilt 2017) (needs install)

Bunks P/S

Pilot house and cabin interior lights

Deck lights

Overhead rod holders (cabin)

8 man life float

Fire extinguishers

Type I life jackets

Danforth style anchor

Various extras available

No personal effects or fishing gear included

reduced to $55200 Located in NC

PM or email [email protected]

20210511_144933.jpg

20210511_145143.jpg

20210607_151700.jpg

20210607_151738.jpg

20210607_151922.jpg

20210607_152002.jpg

20210607_152111.jpg

20210607_152236.jpg

20210607_152434.jpg

20210607_153155.jpg

Last edited:

rubrail

Lieutenant
Loots like a great boat
Got to love the old school fighting chair
Thanks Ernie. It's just an old Todd chair that we fabbed a launcher to. We're not fishing for marlin but it beats stand up for the little trolling we do. Also a nice place to plant yourself for a cold beverage when the bottom fishing slows down.

rubrail

Lieutenant
Someone asked about engine pics. Here's what I have on my computer. If you have any specific angles or views you want, let me know and I'll take and post them.

rubrail

Lieutenant
Previous deal fell through. Back for sale with reduced price.

hardcore1

Captain
What kind of core is in the hull? Do you know which twin disc you have and what prop you are turning

rubrail

Lieutenant
Does this jc have the partial wood keel or wood skeg
It's glass from the chines down. Unless there is a wood strip under the glass on the bottom of the keel or bottom of the shoe I'd say no.

I haul out several times a year between hurricanes and maintenance and have never seen any weepage or soft spots in the keel or elsewhere on the hull that might indicate wood.

hardcore1

Captain
I ask about the motor because the tag says that it was manufactured in 2012. Do you have documentation of the purchase? Was it purchased in 2012 and not installed until 2017? The hull appears to be cored under the chine in the pictures that you have posted. This is why I am asking what the core of the hull is. I know that some of the jc hulls had a wood skeg and some even had a full length wood keel. This hull does not appear to but it is hard to tell without seeing the hull up close

rubrail

Lieutenant
It came off Cummins manf floor 8/31/12. I purchased from Cummins dealer late 15 or early 16. I have paperwork for that in my files.

It is cored above the waterline. Balsa I believe.

I've cut several thru hulls and transducers below and seen nothing but solid glass there. I bought the boat because it wasn't cored below waterline. Capt Larry (rip) helped me with a lot of research on that issue. If you know something differently, please let me know so I can correct the listing accordingly.

hardcore1

Captain
I can only tell that it appears to be cored both above and below the water line. What the core is,. I have no idea other than what you report. NC is a long way from me. Just want the info before I can decide if I'm interested. In the picture of your fuel filter you can see the bump of the core on both the hull bottom and the hull side. Same in the bow shot. All of these boats are built different and I cannot see where the core stops. It could stop on the outboard stringer, it could be full core. Jc did build them right and wherever they put a thru hull was solid glass on every jc I've ever poked around.

rubrail

Lieutenant
I see what you're talking about and will investigate further. The thru hull I installed (which was not an original location) showed a solid glass plug.
Either way, thanks for the info. I'll do some looking around this weekend and see what I find and update the post. I certainly am not trying to misrepresent what the boat is.

rubrail

Lieutenant
hardcore1, your logic makes a lot of sense and after a quick trip to the boat, the raised sections do begin again after the downward turn on the chines. At least all the way to the first stringer which is outboard of where I put a thru hull. I can't really differentiate inboard of that from the turn into the keel but i won't represent it as solid glass below the waterline based on your knowledge and my observations. Sort of a kick to the nether regions but I'm not passing along to the next owner.

You're correct all the thru hull areas are solid glass several inches around. JC seemed to do that well.

I appreciate your insight and am certainly not above admitting when I'm wrong or unsure. Now, apparently both. Price modified accordingly. Best of luck in your search.

Last edited:
Top Bottom