1978 - 32 Holland Hull

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
I've been looking at an 1978 32 Holland for the past 3 years (some of you guys know this story). The old-man who owned it finally passed. And the daughter finally got the title. She offered it to me last week.

I'm not sure I'm so interested in it at this point though. I have so many other things going on right now (career, recreational fishing, kids, soccer, PTA meetings, keeping a wife happy, etc, etc)

Anyway, it a pretty nice hull. But it needs EVERYTHING replaced except the hull stringers. Needs new bulkheads, deck, deck stringes, rudder, shaft, engine mounts, main cabin, trunk cabin. You get the idea. It's a basic hull only.

I could rebuilt it but not terribly interested for my own use. I had a 35 Duffy and a big Chesapeake deadrise at one time but a 23 SeaCraft fits my lifestyle better right now. Maybe after the kids are in college and we move to a waterfront location, a boat of this nature will be more interesting to me. But not right now.

Might any of you guys be interested? Just passing information along. If someone wants it and wants me to rebuilt it to whatever level of finish you desire, let me know that too. We can probably work something out. I have a big covered shed/barn that the work can be completed within. Or if you want it in it's current condition, please let me know that too and we can probably work that out too. She and I haven't had a firm discussion on price but I can probably get it for a few thousand dollars.

Last edited:

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
Hi Dennis -

No problem with the questions.

Yes, the boat is in SW Florida near Tampa. And the hull is solid glass. No coring.

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
I'm not really sure what the price is just yet.

The old-man was going to sell it to me 2 years ago for $1,000. I showed up on a Saturday in January with the money, truck and trailer ....... and he changed his mind. So I'm not sure what his daughter is going to ask.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
I'm not really sure what the price is just yet.

The old-man was going to sell it to me 2 years ago for $1,000. I showed up on a Saturday in January with the money, truck and trailer ....... and he changed his mind. So I'm not sure what his daughter is going to ask.

How far are you from "Hollywood FL ??

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
Everyone should "hold-on" with the PM's.

I'll update this thread when I have worked a deal with the current owner. The original price was $1k but now she has jumped that up considerably. She has seen the $80-100k 32 Hollands and now she thinks she has a gold mine.

I reminded her that those are asking prices for boats with a floor, cabin, engine, running gear, hydraulics, electronics and a bunch of other things that make a boat a boat.

Heck, this boat doersn't even have bulkheads in the hull.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power

I'll update this thread when I have worked a deal with the current owner. The original price was $1k but now she has jumped that up considerably. She has seen the $80-100k 32 Hollands and now she thinks she has a gold mine.

I reminded her that those are asking prices for boats with a floor, cabin, engine, running gear, hydraulics, electronics and a bunch of other things that make a boat a boat.

Chris......how long (years) do you think the boat has been "baking" in the FL sunshine ??

Or has it been covered ??

Any history on the original 78 boat? Like "how did it come to be stripped/torn apart" ?

GoodChance

Lieutenant Commander
Bill -

From what I currently know, the boat was used as a commercial gill net boat in the 1980's and probably into the 1990's Then converted into a tow boat for a short while until the boat needed major work. It was hauled out of the water maybe 5-10 years ago and stripped in preparation to be rebuilt. Of course, it was never rebuilt.

When I first saw it 4 years ago, it was under cover but was moved a few years ago to an open location.

F/V Sophia Rose

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Holland

You should have her give Glen a call and he can tell her what he would charge for a brand new bare hull… He would set her straight.

F/V Sophia Rose

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Holland
It might.. but if i know Glen he would tell her it aint worth messing with and they are better off buying a new hull kit from him and using that one to plant flowers..

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
It might.. but if i know Glen he would tell her it aint worth messing with and they are better off buying a new hull kit from him and using that one to plant flowers..

That's what I was thinking. Unless you live fairly close or could move it yourself, forget it..

Top Bottom