1981 28 ft Richter Built Diesel Downeast style

Getthenetmontauk

Lieutenant
Richter

He built clam boats on the south shore around Babylon as well as some bigger boats including I believe the Captain Scotty,local party boat.

phil

Lieutenant
Hello Pugsley- can you elaborate...?? Was he a well known builder? Party boats and small boats, clam boats.. something of a repertoire. I used to keep a boat on the south shore before Sandy. Curious.
Thanks-

pugsley

Captain
if he followed the plans which it looks like he did it should be alright, but sometimes he took liberties with them. there is a boat in north port that he changed the plans, made the stern 2 feet wider, looked good, rode terrible. the capt scotty he built, he messed up while building it, when a guy came to help him he saw the mess up, they had to dig a 6' hole in the ground and drop the stem to make the boat work (building upside down). he was defindtly not afraid to put lumber in a boat. that boat origianlly had a 80 hp 4 cly lehman in it, did about 5 kts in the corner, never got much use. the boat should be alright, especially for the money, just bring a pocket knife and poke around a little. (my dad was good friends with the builder)

Top Bottom