1982 Harris Cuttyhunk28 for sale with Cummins 6BT

MattF

Ensign
First Name
Matt
For sale is this 1982 Harris Cuttyhunk28 downeast converted lobster boat constructed of solid glass with a Cummins 6BT and Twin Disc gear box. Prop replaced last year as well as service call by Cummins tech during which the belt tensioner and high pressure fuel pump were replaced. Deck, cabin, wiring and all plumbing retrofitted in 2012. Hull redone with Algrip in 2017. Engine has 2,500 hours on it. All systems work fine (Simrad NSE display has some bubbling/delamination which is a problem with these that Simrad never addressed but it works fine). Outriggers, in deck live well, gin pole, v-birth with additional bunk above, cabin lights, cockpit lighting, spreader lights, spot light, cabin heater, shower and cassette toilet, freshwater washdown, range and sink, battery charger, radar, chart plotter, and sounder. Vessel has two 65 gallon fuel tanks. Cockpit has five piece enclosure (all pieces can be rolled up individually giving flexibility depending on use)

The Harris Cuttyhunk is a Lowell designed hull built mostly for commercial use in the 1980's. The hull molds were sold to Nauset Marine up until recent years (see Nauset 28 for comparisons and reviews). The hulls are extremely strong, very economical and highly thought of.

Cruising speed is 13-15 knots.

She is located in Freeport Texas at Kirby Marina. Let me know if you have any questions. The boat has been sitting with fuel in the tanks with out much use for about a year and although it has been treated (most recently with Biobor) I have been going through more fuel filters than normal as I try to run out the fuel. Other than that there are no issues to speak of.

Asking $45,000. I will get more pictures this weekend.
[email protected]

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2188.JPG

IMG_4699.JPG

IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4908.JPG

IMG_4883.JPG

Last edited:

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
He has no control over the price with inflation running wild. Today's price is tomorrows bargain. ;) Nice looking Harris.

MattF

Ensign
First Name
Matt
Considering it’s had 3 different prices (all increases) in the last few days, I would be very leery. $30k, $40k, now $45k...
Just to clarify for the folks that think something is shady here..... I have owned this boat since 2007. Over the years I have sunk a ton of time and money into the boat as I'm sure everyone here has done and can relate to. I am not looking to make that money back, flip this boat or make a profit. I decided I should sell it because I haven't been using the boat due to family obligations and work. I am not a broker nor are boat sales my forte . I put the boat on craigslist in Houston TX, a local classified add where I live to see if there was any local interest. There are very few downeast style boats here so I put it on for what I though someone in this area might pay. I was figuring it would be less than I would expect someone in the northeast to pay where the demand for downeast boats is greater. Most folks here in the gulf want a center console or cat so they can get out to deeper water quickly. I received a ton of interest which indicated I had it priced too low. Like I said, I am not a broker and valuation of boats is not my area of expertise (this is the third boat I have owned in 25 years). I also saw a post on this forum where someone shared the craigslist add I had created (local to Houston). Some of the feedback from that thread was that it was priced too low as well. I am open to feed back if the boat is overpriced. I am not trying to screw anyone over I was just figuring it is silly to continue paying insurance and mooring fees when I don't get to use the boat. If anyone is interested please reach out. If folks have truly constructive input on pricing or the selling process that would be appreciated too. Its a great boat that I have put a ton of work into and my thoughts in selling it were that it doesn't make sense for me to keep spending maintenance, insurance and mooring fees when I am not using it and that someone might get more use out of it than me right now.

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
MattF- that’s good of you to come on here and explain the situation. Only the market knows what the fair value of your boat is. I’m sure there are guys on this forum looking for a boat like yours, but travel time, travel expense, and moving expenses obviously will play into what a buyer is willing to offer. Good luck with the sale.

Just to clarify for the folks that think something is shady here..... I have owned this boat since 2007. Over the years I have sunk a ton of time and money into the boat as I'm sure everyone here has done and can relate to. I am not looking to make that money back, flip this boat or make a profit. I decided I should sell it because I haven't been using the boat due to family obligations and work. I am not a broker nor are boat sales my forte . I put the boat on craigslist in Houston TX, a local classified add where I live to see if there was any local interest. There are very few downeast style boats here so I put it on for what I though someone in this area might pay. I was figuring it would be less than I would expect someone in the northeast to pay where the demand for downeast boats is greater. Most folks here in the gulf want a center console or cat so they can get out to deeper water quickly. I received a ton of interest which indicated I had it priced too low. Like I said, I am not a broker and valuation of boats is not my area of expertise (this is the third boat I have owned in 25 years). I also saw a post on this forum where someone shared the craigslist add I had created (local to Houston). Some of the feedback from that thread was that it was priced too low as well. I am open to feed back if the boat is overpriced. I am not trying to screw anyone over I was just figuring it is silly to continue paying insurance and mooring fees when I don't get to use the boat. If anyone is interested please reach out. If folks have truly constructive input on pricing or the selling process that would be appreciated too. Its a great boat that I have put a ton of work into and my thoughts in selling it were that it doesn't make sense for me to keep spending maintenance, insurance and mooring fees when I am not using it and that someone might get more use out of it than me right now.
I usually stay on the sidelines and try not to read into comments. In 2010 or 11, Matt asked me to rebuild and update the "Flounda Pounda". We redid the galley, v-berths and head. the deck framing and cockpit floor was also replaced. At the same time, Windward Power Systems rebuilt the Cummins.
This is a solid boat with many updates. If this 28' Harris Cuttyhunk was located on the East Coast with the current asking price, it would have been scooped up in a minute.
Bob Fuller

Joy Ride

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Willis Beal 38
I think it looks like a nice clean well outfitted boat that has been cared for. I believe your price is fair considering the amount of equipment and overall condition. Good luck, I think you will get a good price.

Jason S

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Jason

Jason S

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Jason
Top Bottom