IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
31'

OK! what the F--K HAPPENED TO THIS BOAT FROM THE ORIGINAL POST ? I followed this boat and was SO tempted to go and see it that I knew it would be mine if it looked as good as it was in the pictures. WTF. Happened ??????
Sorry for the negative post, but a disaster happened between this post and the last time I followed this boat. This is only my opinion of course.

dale

Lieutenant
whats with the fowl mouth-what are you talking about-do you want to buy this boat

Last edited:

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
Sorry for the harsh post. Like fish said, This is not the Hinkley site. Was a Bit strong I must admit. Just seemed like the boat is as nice now then when it was first posted. The boat Does look real nice from the outside. My apologies . I have a boat, and people bash it. Thick skin is required when selling a boat. Especially in these times. You are correct. Buy it or piss in the wind. Sorry !

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Looks like he's got at least two of them. Older one's 20k less. I also wondered WTF for a minute. Fleet commander of 31JC's.

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Hooper

Captain
Moral of this story seems to be if you're selling a 31 JC here on DEBF be prepared to draw fire! Private messages work well too.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
Wow if selling a 31JC is harsh, then I can only imagine what selling a 35JC would be like haha :eek:

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
I think I could learn to love her. I've learned to love quite a few women in my time. Some of them even taught me a thing or two along the way!

MouseTrap

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rosborough
I agree with the condition. If you are going to take some pics to sell a boat, at least take the toilet paper out of the sink.

+1

If a seller can't be bothered to make a minimal effort and tidy up an item (house, boat, car, bicycle), why would a buyer make any effort to offer good money? Just a comment, not a bash.

BK3819

Ensign
I agree with Mousetrap, you could tidy up a little before taking pix, but with that said the 31s are great hulls, have tons of fishing room and extremely economical to run.

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
tough crowd.. this is why used car salesmen make money.. people love a spit shine which doesnt last but makes them take their wallet out to make the sale . Lots of people have their minds made up before they go look at the boat simply by looking at the pics.. I think there is a killing to be made buying boats/ painting them and reselling them for this very reason, people like clean and shiny. good luck with the sale its a nice boat.

Hooper

Captain
What frustrates me is when a seller takes pictures of the live well, the sink, the head, the helm seat, the rod holders, the running lights and thirty other shots but not a single picture of the engine! More than anything I want to see how the engine looks as I think it speaks to care and condition.

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
31'

I am almost afraid to post on this site again. I am with Hooper on this. Show the pretty hull, but then show all the Expensive stuff, like the interior, MOTOR, RUNNING GEAR, and everything Below the decks. THAT'S where the Bad stuff happens, and the Cool stuff lays.
I believe that if you are not posting pics of the engine, and it's compartment, then you are hiding something. I'm sure others agree on this. Some people may travel a long distance to see something that looks good on the outside, and is a disaster on the inside.
JMO !
Love this model JC ! Looks like a Great boat !

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
This is a fine 1989 JC built by the master Jack Caradio. I consider myself a JC expert because of my love affair with these boats since my purchase. This boat appears to be built correctly with plenty of life still in her. However, vintage JCs with original power from 1982 to 1898 only pull mid 40K in pricing. That is the bottom line. If you are looking for the best of the best these are you year boats to hone in on.

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
Any feedback on fair pricing for the other 2001 JC listing? It had fairly high engine hours.

Thanks

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Any feedback on fair pricing for the other 2001 JC listing? It had fairly high engine hours.

Thanks

http://downeastboatforum.com/free-c...ackle-sale-wanted/2001-jc-31-$79000-7786.html

This boat looks like a real diamond. She most likely was the last JC built by Skips Marine which was Jack Cadario Jr. She sports F/G tanks a very big plus, along with factory resist Trim Tabs. The 63 P Volvo is excellent power for this vessel. I assume with that motor she has a 1:77 gear alone with a 22 X 22 wheel, is 19 knots is no problem along with 12 Gals per hour at that speed. In addition on those very late JC builds Cadario tapered the keels that along with the trim tabs was a great upgrade. Hours @ 3800 Based on where the boat is and the fishing they do down there plus those riggers I bet most of those hours are on the troll fishing wahoo, yellowfin & mahi. The current ask is 79 K if it looks as good in person as it photos this boat will pull high money. Sorry no est on a fair price without taking a ride down south. I think if you are looking for a JC this is probably the nicest one currently for sale, as she was still built by the master. Even at 79K and a trip I think the boat can be purchased at a reasonable price for the buyer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom