1995 35' five islands lobster/tuna - $79000 (falmouth, ME)

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I maybe totally in left field on this. But do they have any relation to the 35 bruno? The bows look very similar.

ccdeck

Ensign
did this boat have water damage? why does it have all new wiring and so much refitting for a boat built in 1995?

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
I was in Falmouth today I saw the sr but did not see rb's boat. I think both are awesome!!

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
haha I was out fishing, left last night and, just pulled in half an hour ago...but as to the person who suggested water damage, 1995 isn't really that new that's 18 years....from what ive seen most commercial boats around here usually need a minor refit at 10 years and a major at 20....when I bought the boat I only bought it for the hull and engine. I wanted that particular Bruno 35 hull just didn't want to redo it and have it still be a 1972 Bruno stillman that is worth 30k, I stripped the entire boat to a bare hull and engine, did new deck stringers, exhaust, deck, gunwales, wheelhouse, redid the bulkhead and finished off down forward... so its essentially at this point a new boat less the engine....but that runs like a top so theres no point to rebuilding it if it has plenty of life left in it and it runs strong....

F/V Sophia Rose

Lieutenant
Boat Make
32 Holland
Got to love a guy that only "joins" the forum to try and piss on your listing. Thought that only happened to me :)

So ccdeck are you interested in the boat or messing with Risky's sale?

ccdeck

Ensign
Man tight group here. I didn't know the seller was involved in the discussion and was just asking a question about the wiring. Thought that's what the discussion was for. Lots of people don't replace wiring unless its a must. I've run plenty of boats from the 90s that haven't been completely rewired. Nice looking boat sorry for the confusion.

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
no worries, ya the thing was a pile of crap when I bought it, they had wired it themselves....there was nothing worth even trying to save on it....ill attach a picture and you will understand....it had quite the paint job too...which was sprayed awlgrip....it was impressive that they had done it that well, I just think they did a pile of acid before they did it...

188470_10150124740493652_5860336_n.jpg

190515_10150124740678652_3494284_n.jpg

196821_513489751867_840440_n.jpg

Tuna Hooker

Lieutenant
Wow!! That's the paint scheme they choose to go with huh? The guy definitely did something before he layed down that bastard of a paint job. Boat looks fantastic now, you did a great job restoring her dignity. I wish I had the money to take her off your hands cause she is set up VERY nice for hardcore tuna. Good luck with the sale man.

Duke

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
Oh and she was named the JB girl....it took about 30 seconds after tying up for my friends to flip that gem around too the bj girl....and by the end Of the first week or so at the boatyard I was sick as could be of people pulling up and commenting the paint job....I took some poster board made a sign that said"I didn't paint it do don't bother commenting on it".....didn't really solve it do the next step was a sander and some redbull.....

tailhook

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 JC
Well, I can see you had the vision to see thru that paint job and make her a boat that most people would sell there most valued possessions to own Nice job, What's next?

riskybusiness

Commander
Boat Make
35 five islands
dunno for sure yet....gotta sell this one though before i can do anything....i hate to sell this boat after all ive put into setting it up the way i have, just have an oppertunity to take over a freight hauling gig from my family and will need something bigger for that.....so i guess its another project and hopefully get it set up as fishy as this, just has to be bigger with more deck space to handle the cargo side of things.....

Top Bottom