1st Trap Pull with the 25 T Jason

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
1st lobster run today, rainy, windy, boat does everything I expect of it.
Somewhat "disorganized" in the cockpit no being setup right and the 40 gallon fuel tank strapped down extra lines all over the place.
Nice and dry behind the glass !!

Boat is good on the drift, handles any wave direction and tracks like on a rail.

So far this boat is keeper. :D

Not the best lookin 25 on the ocean of in the harbor "yet" ;)

The "battleship gray" has to go !!!!!

btw, 8 traps, 13 keepers

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
Bill,
You pulling pots by hand ?

I stripped this boat of the hydraulics.
The 100+ lb steel square stock davit was rusted off @ the washrail.
I have a new Electradyne hauler ready to go next year.
I bought it for the Blackfin but picked up the 25.

Of course I pulled the traps by hand...christ I'm not THAT old yet:D
...I only have 8 traps left.

One last pull Sunday and then I'll haul the 25 and run the
Blackfin for a couple of weeks.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
looks good bill !! i don't see any of those hoop gates in the traps ? you might of doubled the catch with the gates.

DIRTY RIGGERS

Lieutenant
Love this little 25 man!!! Perfect boat for the bay. She is awesome!!! Nice job on the bugs too!

BillD

Admiral
Boat Make
That boat used to be anchored 1/2 mile across the bay from mine. Did you get it cheap off from chuck?

Assuming it's the same boat :confused:, I bought it off a young kid from Winthrop Ma who owned it for 3 years and bought it from someone in Maine.

"Cheap" is a "relative term" :D

The best answer I can give ya is:

Unless you are earning a living with one of these boats they ALL are one of the better ways to chew up/waste a bunch of discretionary $dough$.
When it comes time to sell the vast majority of us take a $bath$ on the sale relative to what we put in to the boats after the purchase.

I figure if I take a $bath$ on this boat down the road I'm only looking at a tub with an inch or two of water ;)

Following the sales on this forum, craigslist and other "for sale places" over the past few years I figure I paid a fair price to what I've seen these 25 foot work boats have sold for. I missed out on a few "negotiating too long" near the bottom of a deal that went to another buyer.

I bought the boat "as is" figuring I'd strip all the components out over time, get the boat mechanically sound and then "spruce her up" a bit.

I hoping Steve in Alaska will fab me up a visor like his, dam did that come out nice.

RainX ?? maybe this weekend !

Anyone looking for an older but good running Volvo ADQ40A with an MSC3 1.91:1 gear? :D

cb34

Rear Admiral
traps

Great looking traps Bill, next time out I think I'll pull your colors instead of mine. :eek:

Prdlobster

Commander
Little plastic gates that go on the end of the parlor funnel that kind of act like a check valve. They let the lobster push it open when it crawls into the parlor then it shuts when the lobster falls off the funnel.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Wakefield? I might have to pack a lunch to get there from Tiverton. Thanks for the info.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
I'm hoping Steve in Alaska will fab me up a visor like his, dam did that come out nice.
I figure if I take a $bath$ on this boat down the road I'm only looking at a tub with an inch or two of water ;)

When do you want me to start ?? I think the shipping cost will add about a 1/2" to your bath water :eek: I have one in kit form available resin,mat & gelcote (some assembly required)

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
You beat me to it Steve!

I have a couple of boxes of them kicking around from the various races over the years. When #1 comes online next year her traps will be outfitted with them.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM
The parlors were loaded with 4-7 lobsters in each trap and I use 30" traps.
I wonder how many "escaped" ??:confused:

more than you think!! probably would of had 3 times that many if you had some 4footahs !! Put a band (up on the knuckle a ways)on some of the eggers and or shorts your catching and see how many times you catch them again.

Top Bottom