2 part epoxy paint

jtheriot

Lieutenant
Boat Make
Sintes
Hey guys, I was thinking of using a 2 part epoxy paint (like the garage floor paint) on my working deck. It doesn't have to be a flawless finish , just looking for something tough and stain resistant. I have always gelcoated in the past but after a daily clean up each day it doesn't take long to strip the wax and get staining. Any thoughts, Thanks

Hurdy Gurdy

Lieutenant Commander
I used a product called Devo,its a two part epoxy paint,chemical,oil,blood resistant and you can tint it any colour you want.

petrel

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
56' DMR, 31' BHM
Two part epoxy "floor paint" has been on my deck for years. No UV protection so it starts shiny but turns dull w/ time. My deck is gray. The white will turn from a snow white to oyster white in a year or two and after several years will look like shit.

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
I have used Interlux one part Interdeck. It has a grit in it for grip. It is not as durable as the two part option but half the cost. Mine usually lasts two seasons and then I repaint. So I get a new looking deck every other year. I could repaint each spring but I do not want to get too much build up.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I have used Interlux one part Interdeck. It has a grit in it for grip. It is not as durable as the two part option but half the cost. Mine usually lasts two seasons and then I repaint. So I get a new looking deck every other year. I could repaint each spring but I do not want to get too much build up.

Do you sand it all down each time? Would think you would have peeling spots here and there at least that would need feathering out..

Robo

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1985 31' BHM
Deck paint

I just put down a 2 part epoxy paint on a concrete floor.Rustoleum high build epoxy. About $160.00 a gallon which covers 100sq.ft. No serious prep required.You do need 60 degrees I think. Stuff is dry in 24 hrs full cure in 48 hrs. Had about 2 inches left that cured in the can. I hit that hard with a 16 oz. hammer and a cold chisel. Made a mark the same you would get if you hit aluminum. I hit the crap out of it and could not crack or break that chunk of paint. That is the toughest paint I've ever seen. OPretty sure it's only available in silver gray (light gray)and dark gray. If you like gray I think you will like that stuff.

Robo

JimRP31

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Willis Beal/RP 31
Paint

Do you sand it all down each time? Would think you would have peeling spots here and there at least that would need feathering out..

I use a DA with a rough pad (like a scrubby), clean with interlux cleaner and paint. No peeling, no feathering

nickyp

Captain
Boat Make
20ft dyer
I am also a fan of the interlux and epifanes single part non skid.
So simple, and tough once cured fully.
No, not durable like gel cote or 2 part linear polyurethane, but as good as you could ask for single part. And no priming!

Top Bottom