20’ LeBlanc Novi lobster style boat - $5,900 (Berlin)

MAArcher

Commander
Dibs.

But sounds fishy, the motors worth almost that isn't it? I left VM and email. See what happens.

MAArcher

Commander
I'm drooling. Its not the 24' with the broken shear line, but its still one of the coolest looking boats 20' or under.

novivin

Captain
If you zoom in it has an electradyne too, there’s another 1500+ in value...
I agree Bill. Gone tomorrow.
I have something very similar but newer +2’ with good power
It is a great boat.

MAArcher

Commander
I wonder how they define “needs TLC”
TLC means it sank at the docs and was under water for several hours. Flooded through the scuppers in an unusually high tide in Wells, ME I guess. Located in CT now. Bilge pump couldn't keep up. When it was raised they followed the instructions that came with the motor for such an event. Wiring harness was replace. Said the the starter probably wont last now though but expected the rest of the motor to be OK. Runs OK right now. Nothing else was done to preserve the rest of the boat except a new fuse panel. No below deck fuel tank. Hauler motor is likely done. Boat probably needs to be rewired. Trailer is good for local service but not great.

Anyone have any experience with salvaging a sunk boat? How's the price sound now?

B1414

Lieutenant
If he left it in Maine, and was half the price I’d consider it

tsharac

Lieutenant
First Name
Tim
Boat Make
1976 20' Eastporter; 1976 16' Stratford dory
TLC means it sank at the docs and was under water for several hours. Flooded through the scuppers in an unusually high tide in Wells, ME I guess. Located in CT now. Bilge pump couldn't keep up. When it was raised they followed the instructions that came with the motor for such an event. Wiring harness was replace. Said the the starter probably wont last now though but expected the rest of the motor to be OK. Runs OK right now. Nothing else was done to preserve the rest of the boat except a new fuse panel. No below deck fuel tank. Hauler motor is likely done. Boat probably needs to be rewired. Trailer is good for local service but not great.

Anyone have any experience with salvaging a sunk boat? How's the price sound now?
What are the alternatives?:
Redone 21' Novi without an outboard, $10k: 21ft novi lobster boat - boats - by owner - marine sale
21' Novi with a '01 Evinrude, $7k: 21' novi lobster boat - boats - by owner - marine sale

Is anyone finding many other 20' - 21' pilothouses with or without power for less than $6k?

MAArcher

Commander
Kind of a sh!tty ad in my opinion, given the “details“. I’d say it’s worth 1/2 that.
There's probably a decent chance if you showed up with $4k on Tuesday when he's back in town you'd walk away with it.
What are the alternatives?:
Redone 21' Novi without an outboard, $10k: 21ft novi lobster boat - boats - by owner - marine sale
21' Novi with a '01 Evinrude, $7k: 21' novi lobster boat - boats - by owner - marine sale

Is anyone finding many other 20' - 21' pilothouses with or without power for less than $6k?
the pilot house is wood though. So are the stringers and deck. Did they all soak up water? It’s seems like a big gamble.

Top Bottom