2001 wayne beal 28 bunkerhead for sale

Discussion in 'Classifieds for Downeast Boats /Marine Equipment' started by Kobey T, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

I just found this site and figured this would be a good spot to list my boat. I dont need to sell her but I gotta move on. If she goes i'm gonna miss her.
    Selling the boat:(
    Since this pic the boat has had the cabin closed in makes it nice when its cold and rainy.
    Power: cummings 270 hp 6bt hooked to a twin disc tranny. honest cruise with full fuel and 4 people plus me is 18 to 19 knots at 2300 rpm at 2200 rpm she runs 17 to 18 knots with the same amount of people and fuel.
    Engine has 1050 hrs oil changed every 200 hrs top end on the boat is around 23 knots at cruise she sips fuel arond 9 gallons and hr. Great for this fuel crunch.

The fuel tanks and deck were just replaced this summer by Ritchie Howell in North Carolina.
    Electronics are Raymarine would have to update electronis as they work but units need something done to them, I dont know what they need. Not quite sure what else to say about the boat other then for its size its a great sea boat, could use trim tabs, great on fuel, raises the hell out of tuna. This is a perfect boat for the bay and runs to the inshore tuna grounds. has canyon range.

The boat is in the water and can be shown throughout the winter the boat is located in cape may New Jersey.
    Asking 54,999.00. This boat would make a great back bay charter boat and inshore charter boat.
    Down in the cabin has storage but thats it. Plenty of room for someone who has fiberglass and carpentry skills cold really make the downstairs super nice.
    The Hull was layed in 2001 but was finished in 2002.
    Any questions call 609 846 5874 or e-mail me at kobeytreads@gmail.com
    [​IMG]
    THANK YOU:)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. Bill

Bill Administrator

Boat Make:
    27 Terry Jason / 21 Repco
    someone please buy this boat

Bill,
  3. unclefish

unclefish Senior Member

public transportation
    Boat Make:
    34 wayne beal
    what ya got for a beam and width at transom.

4. El Mar

El Mar Captain

Sweet ride!!

Any other pics? Interior?

5. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

I
    'm gonna take a bunch and post them up tomorow all the pics I have are the outside of the boat and people holding fish in the cockpit.
    Happy Holidays

6. myentourage

myentourage Senior Member

ON A SIDE NOTE: I DONT HAVE TO SELL THE BOAT SO PLEASE DONT THINK YOUR GONNA COME ON HERE OR CALL ME AND TRY TO GET THE BOAT FOR A STEAL...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!!. THANK YOU:smile:

I always get a kick out of these guys that put these stupid comments when they try to sell there boat. No matter how nice the boat is just makes the buyer want to move on .

7. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

It makes the buyers who love to play the game leave, because the second I get one of those people the price is going up. I dont have time to play games. I want my boat to go to someone who deserves her not some d-bag who tried to wheel and deal. Like I said in the fisrt post I dont need to sell her. I cant use the boat like I used to I would rather see it go to a new owner that can use the boat.
    Happy Holidays

8. El Mar

El Mar Captain

Agreed a little on the previous comment, its like the debacle thread on that 36 NB.

Trust is everything when you're talking dollars and that is hard to convey that in an internet setting. If you keep changing your price or don't have your facts straight, people are gonna pick up on that real quick.

My opinion, best thing is present the boat best you can, Plenty of Pictures of everything, set your price and put "FIRM" next to and go from there. You still might get some tire kickers but that is the price you pay for dealing online.

Worst thing you can do is put just call me, then you sound like a slimy car salesman.

At any rate, nice boat looking forward to more pictures. :D

9. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

I agree with what he said also to a point I have sold many things online mostly fishing stuff and when I first started selling off some of my used gear I always had people come on or call me looking to low ball the hell out me. It got to the point I woldnt sell it or got into a pissing match with people. So one day I put up some reels at fair market value got some of the game players and I simply told them this is the price if you want to haggle the price will go up not down, they either hung up or bought the product right then and there. I am being very selective about who gets this boat so if I can weed out the tire kickers and the hagglers then thats good.

10. myentourage

myentourage Senior Member

Fortunately you have a boat there that is not a dime a dozen, so i dont think there is a reason to put something like that. The person that is going to low ball you on a boat like that is only going make himself look like an idiot. Not to mention you are going to have people that do this thats where you have the upper hand with the word "No". In my opinion and only my opinion i'm just letting you know that "FYI" is not doing your post any good. Nice boat though and have Merry Christmas everyone.

11. Bill

Bill Administrator

Boat Make:
    27 Terry Jason / 21 Repco
    boat looks very well priced to me..waiting for those pics.. thanks

Bill,
  12. MDI45

MDI45 Captain

commercial rod and reel
    Boat Make:
    45MDI /28WB
    Kobey T,I have to agree with myentourage but you have a beautiful boat there and should have no problem getting your price..good luck with your sale

13. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

I took waht you guys were saying and got rid of that portion of the add.
    I will get the pics up monday so stand by
    Few more things about the boat
    the bottom was soda blasted and barrier coated with the interlux 2000 in 2007
    Has a crash pump along with a engine ran wash down and a standerd wash down run from a pump (blaster series)
    Has two high water alarms one in the forward engine room and one behind the tranny
    two vhf's
    Raymarine pathfinder series dsm 300 fishfinder
    Hydroslave power steering
    Again I will take pics of all this
    thanks
    Kobey

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  14. Raider Ronnie

Raider Ronnie Banned

Home Page:
    Boat Make:
    BHM 28
    Nice looking boat at a good price.
    Looking forward to more pics

15. Tunascapes

Tunascapes Senior Member

Great looking boat. I know you say canyon range but what do you hold for fuel and in how any tanks?

16. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

Tunascapes.
    I hold 150 gallons in two 75 gallon tanks both of which are brand new this summer. Down in Cape May the Baltimore Canyon is only 62 miles to the tip, Poormans is a little more but the boat can run to the baltimore troll to the next canyon north or south then when the day is done go home.
    Thats down here by me up north for you guys, no the boat does not have canyon range unless you brought fuel bladders.

17. Tunascapes

Tunascapes Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to more pics when you get them up.

18. Kobey T

Kobey T Member

here is a little video I took while coming home from North Caolina this fall. It shows how well the boat is in a following sea, and i'm cruising at 17.9 18.2 at 2200 rpms. the boat was a little lite at that point and I had a a bunch of growth on the wheel once I pulled the boat and cleaned the wheel I got my normal speed back. I'm off to show the boat and take more pics so stand by.
    003.3gp - YouTube
    I also want to say I have heard horror stories about people and their downeasters in a following sea I must say the boat tracks great and doesnt get away from you at all. The video quality is poor but because you tube must have compressed the crap out of it, if anyone haas a soulution to this let me know and I will re upload it with new settings.

19. BillD

BillD Captain

Business owner
    Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
    Boat Make:
    25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power....28 Henriques SF with twin Volvo 41P 200 power
    I have to say that your boat tracks very straight in a following sea.
    Your boat tracked much better than my 31 Blackfin Combi did during one of the last trips this past fall.
    The following sea we were in was much bigger and the dam boat was darting around quite a bit.
    We were doing 21-22 knots and wet as hell!

20. El Mar

El Mar Captain

Nice running rig!!

[YOUTUBE]yZ1O2Dk1INo[/YOUTUBE]