2002 16' Sandpiper skiff

_Ajax_

Lieutenant
First Name
Scott
I would say it's the classic lines, solid seakeeping abilities for it's size/class, and refreshingly simple layout. But I'm no expert and very much a newby to this forum. Downeast skiffs where I live mean east of Beaufort, NC - Gloucester, Atlantic, Harkers Island. Working boats very similar to the New England downeast working boats. Amazingly similar in my opinion. In fact down here, if you say "downeast boat" they will assume you mean a "downeast NC" working skiff and most don't even know it's a whole world of new england boats.

_Ajax_

Lieutenant
First Name
Scott
Hoi toide on the sound soide! The worst day of the month is that day you have to drive owff. And we have hurricanes that leave us mommicked. Drime.

Last edited:

John Kirk

Lieutenant
:) my brother and I used to own the world's most expensive double-wide on the backside of the island. He and his girlfriend just bought a new place on Island drive. Spent some quality time on the bench at the Fishing Center.

Quik Fix 16

Captain
Boat Make
Shamrock
Actually, a man named Keith Willis built a boat in Marshallburg, across from the original Jarrett Bay boatworks, that was called " Downeaster ".

toolmaker

Commander
Actually, a man named Keith Willis built a boat in Marshallburg, across from the original Jarrett Bay boatworks, that was called " Downeaster ".
did that mold end up with Gilbert Radcliff at Privateer ?
he had a 10 foot beam X 26 center console with huge bow flare that came from a mold called the Downeaster
I had Gilbert build one for me just for fly fishing with all pop up hardware and a tall 30 inch transom
plus a walk in console that had fresh water and potti. the hardtop was done by the outfit that supplied Albemarle and Carolina Classic with their hardtops and fabrications. nice boat and lots of fish caught on the fly. one of Privateers customers loved my boat and wanted one IMMEDIATEY so he bought mine and it went to the Chesapeake Bay.
Capt Jay

Top Bottom