2002 28' SeaWorthy - 315 Yanmar - 700 hrs - Bow Thruster

eyschulman

Commander
Boat Make
Devlin 48 & Marshal Sanderling
Loos like a nice boat. Why a thruster on a 28 footer do they not maneuver well?

neyachts

Commander
Website
www.neyachts.com
Boat Make
30' Saltshaker CC
No additional cost for a 'second' broker...what you get in this case is 'first-person knowledge'. Steve built this boat for the original owner, I was there for much of the build, and know it's complete history...which is v-e-r-y interesting, in a good way!

In the past 12 months, 4 SeaWorthy 28's have been sold. The range was $55k to $85k.

Steve has never installed a bow thruster on a 28', but many have asked for one. So, this is the first and only one I know of.

I'm not surprised at the asking price, but as we all know, it won't be the ultimate selling price. However, you can't equip a 28' more completely than this: 315, low hrs, NavNet, Autopilot, Raft, Riggers, Rocketlauncher, Inverter, Heat, Pressure Water, Enclosed Head, Microwave, Washdown, Anchor Winch, Wynne Windows, Solid back...and the list goes on.

I'll bet the next owner will be a really happy camper! Glad to help. --Larry 603 433-3222

hntrss

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31 Duffy
Go tie up in the Merrimac one time and you will see how a thruster might come in handy. I also always thought one would be handy at the endgame of a tuna fight.

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH, boating out of the mighty Merrimack
Boat Make
25 Terry Jason with Cummins 370 power
Loos like a nice boat. Why a thruster on a 28 footer do they not maneuver well?

Depends on where one's boat is tied up.

Some of us boat in fast running rivers with very tight boat slips perpendicular to the current. Add some wind (seems like it's always windy lately:D) Having some bow control is a nice feature !

As "hntrss" posted.."Go tie up in the Merrimac one time and you will see how a thruster might come in handy"

Boating is suppose to be "fun"..at least for recreational guys.

FWIW

Bill D

Last edited:

neyachts

Commander
Website
www.neyachts.com
Boat Make
30' Saltshaker CC
$97,500, with a 315 Yanmar, open starboard side, open back, hard port side, rubberset windows, no v-berths, no galley, no head, no stainless trim, no electronics. This boat probably went out the door at about $130k, before the bow thruster and electronics were added.

Top Bottom