2002 Willis Beal

Bill W

Ensign
2002 Willis Beal Downeast

Go to: WWW.HousatonicBoatClub.org for photos of boat. Click on classifieds.

Year: 2002
Price: $119,000.00
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine: Yanmar 375 HP
Engine Hours: 942 hours
Fuel: Diesel
Average Consumption for 2012 season: 4.6 GPH / 2013 season 3.15 GPH
Cruise: 13 - 15 knots Max: 20 knots
Hull manufacturer: RP Boat, Steuben, Maine Builder: Willis Beal, Beals Island, Maine

Description:
This is a very safe, comfortable, nicely finished downeast yacht with full electronics. There are many upgrades that make this Beal a great value. All exterior brightwork was re-finished two years ago and in good condition. This is a second owner boat. The original owner had the boat custom built by Willis Beal with all the best equipment and professionally maintained and serviced. Current owner purchased boat September 2010 with only 386 hours. Since purchased, I’ve gone through every system and am confident that it’s in excellent condition and ready for survey. She offers the best of both worlds. It’s a great fishing boat with a huge open cockpit, deep fish well and an outside steering station and a very comfortable, economical, cruising boat. Spent 5 weeks cruising as far east as Camden, Maine as well as the Cape, Marthas Vineyard, Cuttyhunk, Block Island and all points in between.

Additional Specs, Equipment and Information

Dimensions:
- LOA: 31”
- Beam: 12’
- Draft: 36”
- Displacement: 12,000 lbs.

Engine:
Brand: 375 HP Yanmar
Cruising speed: 15 to 17 knots
Max Speed: 20 knots

Tankage:
- Fuel; 200 gallons
- Water: 50 gallons
- Waste: 25 gallons

Electronics:
- AM\FM\CD Stereo with Marine Speaker System (new 2011)
- Satellite radio docking station and antenna (new 2011)
- Robertson AP35 autopilot
- Dual Furuno Navnet – Radar – GPS plotter – Fish video
- Flow scan meter
- Vetus bow thruster
- Ritchie powerdamp compass
- Icom VHF radio IC M502 with distress
- Lewmar windless with helm controls (new 2012)
- Remote spotlight

Accommodations:
- Large V-Berth with filler and table forward
- Salon with cushioned bench seating in wheelhouse.
- Helm station with pedestal seat and pedestal companion seat
- Galley below to port
- Head to starboard with shower and electric toilet with macerator and deck pump out.
- All stainless steel opening ports – Bowmar hatches.
- Cabin and wheel house equipped with engine (bus) heater.

Galley:
- Norcold 12V / 110V refrigerator
- Origo alcohol / electric dual burner stove with wood cutting board cover
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Stainless sink

Deck & Hull:
- Hydraulic steering
- Cockpit station with Simrad RU-35 & Robertson R135-MK2
- Drop curtain
- Aft deck full awning / bimini for sun protection
- Recessed cleats
- Lewmar windless with CQR Anchor with 50 foot chain and 200 feet of rode (new chain 2011)
- Pilothouse pocket door
- Aft deck lighting
- Livewell
- Aft deck hot and cold shower
- 3 windshield wipers
- Spurs line cutter
- 4 fishing pole holders in cockpit gunwales
- fishing pole storage racks in wheelhouse on ceiling
- Boarding ladder on swim platform
- Tons of storage
- Bus heater in wheelhouse and cabin
- Cockpit hot and cold shower
- Flag staff and flag
- All manuals and instructions for everything on the boat
- Complete maintenance records

Electrical:
- Inverter
- 30 amp dockside service

Last edited:

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
2002 Willis Beal Downeast​

Willis Beal 31 foot downeast
Year: 2002
Price: $125,000.00
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine: Yanmar 375 HP
Engine Hours: 821 hours
Fuel: Diesel
Average Consumption for 2012 season: 4.6 GPH
Cruise: 15 knots Max: 20 knots
[email protected]

Hull manufacturer: RP Boat, Steuben, Maine Builder: Willis Beal, Beals Island, Maine
Description:
This is a very safe, comfortable, nicely finished downeast yacht with full electronics. There are many upgrades that make this Beal a great value. All exterior brightwork was re-finished one year ago and in good condition. This is a second owner boat. The original owner had the boat custom built by Willis Beal with all the optional equipment and professionally maintained and serviced in Old Saybrook, CT. Current owner bought boat September 2010 with only 386 hours on the motor. Since I purchased it I’ve gone through every system and am confident that it’s in excellent condition. It has been on a mooring in Milford CT summers, hauled and shrink wrapped winters. This boat offers the best of both worlds. It’s a great fishing boat with a huge open cockpit and a very comfortable, economical, cruising boat. We spent 5 weeks last summer cruising as far east as Camden, Maine as well as the Cape, Marthas Vineyard,
Cuttyhunk, Block Island and all points in between. Boat is for sale because owner is interested in purchasing a bigger boat for extended cruising.

"We spent 5 weeks last summer cruising as far east as Camden, Maine as well as the Cape, Marthas Vineyard,"

" Boat is for sale because owner is interested in purchasing a bigger boat for extended cruising."

"Since I purchased it I’ve gone through every system and am confident that it’s in excellent condition."

Where is the owner going to go on extended trips? Europe?

What kind of boat is the owner interested in?

Oh.. it sounds like you could be the owner?

Willis Beal designed the boat. It is highly unlikely he was the finisher of the boat.

RP boats could be the finisher.

val273

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Miss my Seabird 23....
SHE'S THE ONE !!! Just give me a couple days to hit whatever liquor stores in Brooklyn that I can (The missus volunteered to be the wheelman, so she say's she helped), and I would have hit my nearby Costco, but I like that store too much......just a couple of days......a truly lovely DE......

Bill_N

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
31' JC Rowdy Girl
Just want to let others know; I had a verbal agreement on this boat, sent the seller a check Monday morning with a purchase agreement. This morning he backed out of the deal because he thinks he can get more for the boat.

If anyone else deals with this guy be prepared for some issues unless you meet his asking price, don't have the boat surveyed, and pay for it before you take delivery!

Fish220sr

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
29' Webbers Cove
Last edited:

reelrampage35

Commander
Boat Make
Duffy
I also would love to hear YOUR side of the story like the last post said ,"We are all ears"

05bill

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
rp

i have the same boat, 2004 , splashed in 2005, same engine. they are great boats, very seaworthy, they are the hull used for the 31 webbers cove. at 125k, that price in my opinion is a steel.great workmanship, very heavy boat.

05bill

Bill W

Ensign
Yes, I agree. Best boat I've ever owned and the Yanmar 370 is a great motor. Fast, reliable yet fuel efficient. The same hull was used by Wilbur to build the Wilbur 31. RP boats had a fire and the mold was destroyed so no more can be built. I'm sure you'll enjoy many years of fun with your boat.

Regards,
Bill

Islander32034

Lieutenant
Bill, do you have any shots of the helm and down below? Anyone else have any feedback on this hull, hull/engine matchup would be appreciated.

05bill

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
rp, willis beal
rp

you are correct, its the wilbur . good luck with the sale. what are you considering buying ? i would like to go bigger but cant really justify it.

regards,05bill

Top Bottom