2013 CT Blackfish Season

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Had a DE, now 24' Privateer
I just loaded and set my extra two soldiers(I mean anchors) and im ready to rock the tog. Coming out of Northport..

Oh and the lucky sidewinder is freshly respooled :D

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
We open this Sat the 5th. Too early IMO but I have guys who want to go Tog fishing so off we go. Gonna try as shallow as possible. There are a few around, we will fill in the catch with Sea Bass and Porgies. Tog fishing has always been a favorite of mine.

IMG_0955.jpg

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Rick: had bob been bugging you to go? lol

Im going prospecting this week then next weekend i start up with charters, Im pumped to get the blackfish season started as well.

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Well gavie it a quick shot after work yesterday. Even though it was blowing NE25 wind against tide, new moon tide, overcast and a very strong low pressure system moved in. Not ideal conditions. managed a few shorts, nothing great. But fealt great to stretch out the anchors and go through the motions with my father and deckhand Bill.

BLKSEA.jpg

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Miss Daisy is too pretty for the wall after that restoration !

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
Hey John! Yep Bobby was there opening day:eek:.... kinda slow but managed 8 rec keepers with 3 pushing 8 lbs...... was Too calm to anchor

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Sat was gordeous but i was stuck in the shop. Sunday, well lets just say calm was not in the agenda. Im sailing open boat this weekend sat and sun. Hopefully things start to light up.

Good job with the quality fish

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Took the 18Privateer out this morning. Rough as heck but alot of fun. Blackfishing was on. Had fish upto 8plus pounds and limit prob about 3times.

1stblkfish.jpg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Toggin' on the noggin'? I think I have a good boat for the wall this year. Don't be affraid to jump on board. On second thought.......just step on gently..........that rear deck has issues!

MASTERENEGADE

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Ice always stays in the cooler. I need the cubes for the Captain Morgan I have back at the dock after each blackfish trip. Its a little superstition me and one my deckhands start a couple of years ago. :D

RAMPAGE88

Commander
Fished Sat-Sun-Mon. Limited 2 of 3 days. Pretty darn breezy on Sat/Sun, however Monday was picture perfect. Nothing to weigh in yet for the Bills Seafood Tournament, as best so far was 7lbs, but we'll keep at it.........

IMG_20131014_125426_269.jpg

El Mar

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Bryan
Boat Make
43 Tiara Open DDEC, GradyWhite 226, 18 Donzi Classic, 15 Boston Whaler Sport ETec 60

Capt. Rick

Commander
Boat Make
31 RP Willis Beal
Ice always stays in the cooler. I need the cubes for the Captain Morgan I have back at the dock after each blackfish trip. Its a little superstition me and one my deckhands start a couple of years ago.

Nice, we are lightweights, we have budweiser

Members online

Latest Posts

Top Bottom