2013 lobsterboat race project boat/rumours

Boat Make
2001 crowley-beal 33/ 450 hp. volvo
On the gas side, I have heard the Daydreamer and Thunderbolt will be back out this summer(along with 2-3 hot rod wood boats) and on the diesel side, a c-18 powered Wild Wild West and also a c-18 powered Northern Bay 36.. anyone have something to add?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Boat Make
how big is wild wild west? Is it the same hull as the one that capsized? i dont remember it being overly big, and a c-18 is a BIG engine!!
As far as I know,she's 28 ft. and the same one that rolled over at Searsport racing the Lunesea several years ago.(Travis will surely remember the date of that...).

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
August 26th 2001, the day that almost killed lobster boat racing...

Wild Wild West is a James West 28. Exact same boat as the one that had the mishap all those years ago, obviously a different engine. And NO DAMN V-DRIVE! Those things are dangerous fella.

We had the picture of the rollover on one of the Searsport shirts, called it the anniversary shirt. It was a big seller. :D

Boat Make
August 26th 2001, the day that almost killed lobster boat racing...

Wild Wild West is a James West 28. Exact same boat as the one that had the mishap all those years ago, obviously a different engine. And NO DAMN V-DRIVE! Those things are dangerous fella.

We had the picture of the rollover on one of the Searsport shirts, called it the anniversary shirt. It was a big seller. :D
Travis, we (Starlight Express, NB 36 version) won't be racing in Boothbay Harbor (high school graduation for one of Alfred O's grandsons same time) but will be in Rockland on sunday, looking forward to catching up with you and getting you a ride aboard the express for one of the races we will be entered in ...

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland
Top Bottom