2013 Searsport Lobster Boat Races Pics

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
The boat Little Girls the very same one that the Northern Bay 28, Muscle Ridge 28 and that other one that I have a mental block against all had as the plug.

Additionally, her skipper is the same individual who has had the rules changed no less than 3 times in his favor, and finally raced after the rules were changed. The prior times they never even came out once.

Tuna Hooker

Deckhand
Great pics!! I don't know about the rest of you but a blown big block just looks out of place in a downeaster, none the less, I would absolutely love to go for a wide open pass on the foolish pleasure

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
Easy Money is a Northern Bay 28

And I built it all the way back in 2001

Right from the first bit of gelcoat to enter the mold to the last screw in her.

She's been through 5 different owners and quite a number of names since she was the original First Team

FPTMarineDiesel

Commodore
Great pics!! I don't know about the rest of you but a blown big block just looks out of place in a downeaster, none the less, I would absolutely love to go for a wide open pass on the foolish pleasure
Definitely a little bit out of place, that is unless you are the lobster boat races ;). It is cool as hell to listen to them open the throttle plates! Some of the boats that I need not name, take off like they were launched out of a canon when they open them up too! It is pretty awesome and scary, there is literaly about 2 feet of boat in the water at WOT.

Tuna Hooker

Deckhand
Definitely a little bit out of place, that is unless you are the lobster boat races ;). It is cool as hell to listen to them open the throttle plates! Some of the boats that I need not name, take off like they were launched out of a canon when they open them up too! It is pretty awesome and scary, there is literaly about 2 feet of boat in the water at WOT.

I agree with ya there. They definitely sound wicked. I used to race at the drag strip quite often, nothing serious just some of the fast street cars that I've had over the years. Every once in awhile you'd have a couple guys show up to do some test 'n' tune with some seriously fast drag cars and i'd drool over the sound they produced, just a rattle you to the core kinda sound. They made my 500 & 600 hp street cars look slow.

steveinak

Admiral
Boat Make
31 BHM

She's been through 5 different owners and quite a number of names since she was the original First Team

Thanks Travis that boat just catches my eye, whats in it now for power ? Looks well kept or has it been regelcoted(is that a word :rolleyes:) ??

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
Someone painted her along the way, looks like with a roller and a 25 cent brush. That hasn't been fixed yet.

New gelcoat on the work deck and dash this spring, headliner with ash trim, countless hours of cleaning (such a mess) new bottom paint (the kind that gives you scars when fixing the bottom) new rudder, new propeller, new wiring.

Same 218 hp Sisu (only one of its kind ever produced) coupled to a 2:1 ZF280A

First night we had it back we gained 8 mph, been tinkering ever since.

[email protected]

Commodore
Boat Make
26 JC

Please don't say "all the way back in 2001". My boats a 1988 and I'm a 1965.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Zoomies on a lobster boat! I think anything goes after this.

Someone needs to go all out with a turbine and surface drive. How ling can it be before someone does? Would love to see all those boats doing their thing.

I agree too, there is nothing like the sound of huge hp. Ever see top fuel dragster or funny car? Not much compares to that sound and the way it makes your guts vibrate except maybe an F-16.

72 mph in that boat? I would sit on the transom so I could bail out when she flips.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
Boat Make
Turbines are out because it's not a piston driven engine. Surface piercing drives are not allowed because it doesn't fit into the guidelines of your "typical lobster boat" with a full keel and no spade rudders.

But there is always an exhibition run that could be made if you wanted to go through the expense. We'll let you run in Searsport, nearly anything goes there. After all we did have a sea plane run :D

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
I think I missed something here

There is a boat with a Sisu diesel sticker on it I think. I have learned (here) that Sisu boats and Sisu engines are two totally different companies. I think anyway- at least I think that sticker is for a Sisu engine and the boat is another make.

I dont think think the turbine is in my budget either..

BillD

Admiral
Portsmouth NH.. Piscataqua and Merrimack Rivers
Boat Make
27 H&H with Cummins QSB 5.9 480 power
There is a boat with a Sisu diesel sticker on it I think. I have learned (here) that Sisu boats and Sisu engines are two totally different companies. I think anyway- at least I think that sticker is for a Sisu engine and the boat is another make.

I dont think think the turbine is in my budget either..

Toolate,

Dam you are getting good @ this !!

I was just bustin Travis' chops !! ;)

The boat is Travis' 36 NB...a beauty....even has a nice couch in the cockpit !!!!:D

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
Toolate,

Dam you are getting good @ this !!

I was just bustin Travis' chops !! ;)

The boat is Travis' 36 NB...a beauty....even has a nice couch in the cockpit !!!!:D

I have spent quite a bit of time reading old posts plus I love pics and really study the details. Its so much better than watching tv too.

Top Bottom