2014 Pogie Predictions?

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Heard they put a limit on the pogie boats in mass.. anyone want to guess what kind of summer we are going to have? last year blew, year before you could walk on them

duxbait

Captain
The limit is not going to change how many we get. They basically had a ridiculous limit before, and then made the new limit a more realistic number the seiners can come close to catching. My guess is another year like last, but who knows, its always a toss up.

Chum Pot

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Parker
I think Pogies cycle every 5 years from my experience like rabbit and other animals may do.
Weather , winter patterns, snow fall, ice, hot springs, just don't seem to create any conclusions it just seems they have population booms every 5 years.
This season will be year 3 of 5, rebuilding back up back up to 5.
So my crystal ball is: a little better than last year but not a peak by any means.

Maybe the ground hog can predict : sees his shadow = good year ??? He nailed his 6 more weeks, furry little nut chewn bastard.
We will have to look back at this post.

sams

Lieutenant
What's a porgies??? Honestly we have not had sh!t for porgies for 20 years. I know there are spots between Boston and the middle of the south shore that load up, but, the days of having schools from Buzzards Bay to the Merrimack ate long gone.

The lower porgies boat quota may help Boston Harbor, but, spots like Salem Harbor that get wiped out in 1week when the shiners show up don't stand a chance.

Sam

duxbait

Captain
What's a porgies??? Honestly we have not had sh!t for porgies for 20 years. I know there are spots between Boston and the middle of the south shore that load up, but, the days of having schools from Buzzards Bay to the Merrimack ate long gone.

The lower porgies boat quota may help Boston Harbor, but, spots like Salem Harbor that get wiped out in 1week when the shiners show up don't stand a chance.

Sam

Porgie= Scup

Pogie= Menhaden

Top Bottom