22 Sisu o/b bracket

sam207

Lieutenant
Does anyone know what kind of bracket this is ? found it on the Lowell site of boats previously sold. Looks fugly but im intrigued. How does it tilt up ?

My father and I are in the middle of a long and drawn out Sisu restoration. The transom needs to be replaced anyways and I'd like to get rid of the notch and either do a full transom with a bracket or an engine-well that is raised to gunwale height. Alittle worried about moving the engine back any further with the weight shift and how the hydrodynamics will be affected being further from the tapered keel. The engine is a 135 Black Max. Any advice/opinions or bracket ideas would be appreciated.

Sam

harmuthmarine203

Lieutenant
Its a sea drive by omc the hole middle section tilts it hinges at the top i took one off a 22 sisu and redid the transom and put a stainless marine 28 in set back bracket and put i 150 yamaha two stroke on it it few and ran awsome and realy no change in water line

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
You don't see too many Sea Drives, but they were fairly common in the '80s. I believe that they made 2 different sizes, the V-4 and the V-6. You can adapt an Evinrude or Johnson motor of similar vintage to the Sea Drive bracket if you remove the pivot bracket from the outboard. The wiring harness and control cables will be plug & play. I had the V-6 on a Grady White that was blown up, and adapted a (relatively new at the time) 1987 Evinrude 225 to it. The nice thing about the way it tilts up compared to a fixed bracket and outboard, is that the entire skeg and prop clear the water completely.

Top Bottom