23 ft Crowley 150 Yamaha 650 lobster traps and many more extras.

Mainer82

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
How does that differ from any other Downeast boat?

novivin

Captain
Lite User

Codcruncher

Rear Admiral
Lite User

Mainer82

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
John
Some guy is gonna buy this who fishes the bay/shoal waters of downeast Maine and make 150k a year with it lobstering. That’s who it’s worth 60k to.
That sounds like a pipe dream, and probably why it's for sale again this year.

Lieutenant
everything has peaked IMO. boats, homes, used cars. it's a function of low supply, high demand in an insane market. as we speak the stock market is tanking. regardless; these boats are awesome! I've been looking for one but at a certain point, for me sadly, it makes more sense to get a 27-29 h&h for not that much more money.

Last edited:

aweigh again

Commander
Boat Make
22 foot 1983 bass boat
So if you adjust for the motor value in my breakdown, a full price sale is like paying over $26k for the hull and hauler (no motor, trailer or traps.)

Still leaves me with the question, what makes that hull worth twice as much as a SISU, BHM or Webbers Cove of the same vintage and size? Is the hull twice as thick? Made from materials that are twice as good? Ride twice as nice? Or is it just a little bit better in those areas but because of scarcity people are paying a large premium for it just because they can affo

what hurts is I didn't jump on that one, because if I remember correctly it took a week or 2 to sell

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

harpoon83

Captain
First Name
Colin
Not to derail this, but is this the tax benefit that you can claim the cost of the entire truck for the year, even though you are technically only making payments on it.
So say you buy a 60k truck, you can claim 60k towards your taxes but you are really only making monthly payments towards this total figure. Is that correct in laymans terms?

xbskt

Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
13 Whaler, 14 Salty Boats, 28 Crowley Beal, 36 Northern Bay. WTF!?!
Not to derail this, but is this the tax benefit that you can claim the cost of the entire truck for the year, even though you are technically only making payments on it.
So say you buy a 60k truck, you can claim 60k towards your taxes but you are really only making monthly payments towards this total figure. Is that correct in laymans terms?
You say "claim 60k toward you taxes". It would really be "apply a 60k expense to the balance sheet". This reduces the theoretical profits of the business which reduces that businesses tax liability.
There are better ways to use this money unless you really NEED a vehicle.

PatriciaLynn

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Repco
You can do bonus depreciation on heavy duty trucks, so you can take a $18k loss there as well.

harpoon83

Captain
First Name
Colin
You say "claim 60k toward you taxes". It would really be "apply a 60k expense to the balance sheet". This reduces the theoretical profits of the business which reduces that businesses tax liability.
There are better ways to use this money unless you really NEED a vehicle.
Ok, thats what I was trying to say, just not using the right terms, thanks.

Am I also correct in the idea that you apply the 60K expense, even though you don't technically spend the 60K on the vehicle during that year? Maybe a different area of the forum I could get these answers

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

Latest Posts

Top Bottom