25' Eldridge McInnis

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Found this pic in a 2001 back issue of Wooden Boat. You can see the transom similarity with the Fortier 26. Looks unique and classy. Has anyone seen one of these completed? This particular boat was in VA.

25 Eldridge McInnis Bass Boat.jpg

Leprechaun

Commander
Boat Make
26' Fortier
We would see them in the Cape Cod - Buzzards Bay area .... pre Fortier boats , Didn't Eldridge McInnis sell the mold to Rod Fortier? I know Mr. McInnis lived in Hingham Ma and listed and sold numerous used Fortiers after they stopped building their bass boats. Eldridge / McInnis made beautiful downeast larger cruisers also. Mr McInnis was the broker that sold me my 26 Fortier back almost 20 years ago.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Did they have this type of house or were they more like a classic style bass boat? I don't think I have ever seen one in CT waters before. I'm not sure if they made glass boats or if Rod Fortier had the mold built to a similar but different Eldridge McInnis design.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Thanks Nighthawk. I took a look at the plan info from Wooden Boat Magazine. Couldn't find the Landing School plans. The original appears to have been set up for a V-drive. The new modified version for the Fortier must have been stretched a tad. There were comments regarding lapstrake builds on that link, but I think those poeple might be confusing the Mackenzie Cuttyhunk with this one. We have a few of them in the area. Those are pretty nice as well. So, basically you can build your own version of a Fortier using the new wood/epoxy techniques. How bad could that be? ;) At least you know the end result will handle well. So many unproven plans are offered up for sale and it takes just as much work to build a dog as it does to build a legend.

Last edited:

Eastporter

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Last edited:

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
That Mackenzie is incredible! It would not surprise me if it ended up out on the Vineyard or over in Newport as someone's summer cocktail cruiser. It's much too nice to fish out of that's for sure! Here is one for sale in Noank CT, no picture but ALOT cheaper.

26' Mackenzie Cuttyhunk

fortier256

Captain
Boat Make
Fortier 26
Eldridge Mc Innis

Here is another Eldridge Mc Innis offering from the past. The beam is advertised as 9.5 compared to the present day Fortier 26 10 feet.

image.jpg

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
That's a nice old add you have there. I have heard of the Marblehead 26. For that price, I'll take one right here, right now, no questions asked! :D

25' Eldridge- McInnis

The plans for the 25 are available through WoodenBoat. A few years back I had the opportunity to visit Alan McInnis at his home office. At that time, he would sell plans for the 25 as well as the 26 as long as you built it in wood. Fortier builds this in Glass. Alan received royalty's on these boats. Alan passed away probably 5-6 years ago.

Top Bottom