26’ Webbers cove twin Evinrude $179K

1rider

Lieutenant Commander

I remember seeing this boat referenced in jdickau484’s build, I think the 26’ WC but I never imagined it would list for sale at $179K :confused::eek::oops:. What do I know though, the way people are spending money like it has a 30 day expiration prices don’t matter.
For the record I have no idea what goes into a boat finished like this. So, the price could be spot on.

Last edited:

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
For the record I have no idea what goes into a boat finished like this. So, the price could be spot on.
I love it when guys comment on how expensive custom boats are, then admit they don't know the first thing about what it takes to build one ;). You should build one and see what goes into it, $179k may seem very reasonable when you're done. For comparison's sake, here is a new 24' x 8'6" Seasport with a single OB, so significantly smaller boat, sells for $243k Canadian dollars. This particular dealer is in Canada, but that's $200k in US dollars and they can't build them fast enough.

Screenshot (167).png

1rider

Lieutenant Commander
I usually add little or no opinion of my own when I post these boats I come across. I hesitated to so this time and I should of listened to my instincts.

I should not of.

Since I didn’t I should elaborate a bit more. For the asking price, this boat when compared to what I see priced for similar money to me doesn’t make sense.
In the same way people pay $250K for a 26‘ center console and have to pay extra for a head or some shelter (Curtains) I can’t get my head around.

How I feel or what seems priced right does not make the boat competitively or fair or otherwise.

The boat listed is gorgeous and by all appearances looks to be finished with exceptional skill and attention to detail and a boat that should provide the new owner with years of pleasure And prideful ownership.

Heck, I’d be one of those cat callers saying “beautiful boat“ if it pulled up to the fuel dock next to me, it is gorgeous.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
E-Tecs are still supported for 10 more years. At that point they become old outboards that nobody wants, no different than any other brand that's 10 years old. I don't think they hurt the value here as new, but you just have to be prepared for power updates based on the calendar year if you want the total package to remain desirable at resale.

Jason S

Lieutenant
Lite User
First Name
Jason

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Looking at the level of finish that boat is reasonably priced. Even if it wasn’t that nice it’s close to that number, owner is probably taking a loss unless he did the work himself.

Top Bottom