26' de

Hooper

Captain
26' Webbers cove or 26' Fortier?

Never been on a Webber's Cove, but plenty of 26 Fortier's and they are a tough little boat. Squirelly in a quartering sea, but more than able in anything else. Looking at one these when the JC sells?

landsea

Lieutenant
26'

They are on the list if I do not end up going back to a planing hull. I have draft issues at my dock that make short fishing trips almost impossible. Also looking at parkers and power cat hulls. I think the fortier will be to slow, here they get funny after 18 kts. Cant go smaller and slower.

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Fortier

We have several 26 Fortiers in out fishing club. Two have 240 Yanmar and one with a 200 Volvo. The Yanmar 240 is the king for the Fortier. They run 1:5 gears with 17 X 19 wheels and 20 knots is not a push.
The key is the four cylinder motor which gives excellent weigh location in the Fortier. There are a few with the 260 Yanmars and they do not run as well as the 4 banger.
The boat is quiet, shift very smoothly and steers well with cable.
I fish one in Montauk a lot… In the rips they are excellent

landsea

Lieutenant
I have some friends that love those Fortier hulls, 200 Perkins 16 kt cruise. That 240 sounds nice. I would have to take a good ride, I here 18 and up they do not behave. Could be the engine weight. Also maybee a General marine, my uncle loved his.

jojobee

Commander
Fortier for bass fishing and Webbers cove for lobstering. As for looks....you can't lose.

Sailorgp

Commander
Boat Make
Sisu 26
I would also suggest you take a look at a Sisu 26...one helluva Caroll Lowell design

Crazy Ivan

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
26 Duffy (sold)
26'

Don't forget the 26 Duffy. Trust me the Fortiers have nothing over these boats!

Top Bottom