26' Fortier

Hooper

Captain
Aw man.... I gotta stop looking at boats, this is killing me. No boat in my future for awhile and there are some that I really like out there...

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I need to get you out on mine, you better not buy one Hooper! Now I just need to get back...

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
We just closed on this one last week, currently known as "Four Bells":

DSCI0255.jpg

I believe the former owner is a poster here also but I don't know his screen name.

We will be fishing hard on the east end of LI Sound this year...lots of numbers to check out!

DSCI0255.jpg

Duke

Commander
Lite User
Boat Make
Dyer 29

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
Duke said:
I like the color! Good luck with the Fortier. Hard to go wrong with that rig.
Duke
Yes, the color is growing on me as well - reminiscent of the Keys?

Thanks for the well wishes - we have some repairs to do first (see the projects thread) but can't wait to get her wet!

Last edited:

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
MouseTrap said:
blackdiamond296 does post on this forum.

Great looking boat!
Thanks, and thank you for providing the screen name - I'm hoping he will watch our repair process in the "projects" forum...he is a true gentleman and was very gracious in passing on what was clearly "his baby." We hope to give her a deserving home...

BTW - I attended law school in Portland, and while I was there spent some time boating and fishing on Casco Bay. Beautiful area - but lotsa rocks! I'm always reminded of the native Mainers' description of seasonal changes: "Maine has two seasons...winter...and August!" ;)

Last edited:

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
I like the color! Good luck with the Fortier. Hard to go wrong with that rig.
Duke

Funny enough, Dad's goal was 'key lime green'- the end result wasn't quite what he had in mind but it came out pretty nice. I want to say the paint job is about four years old now.

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
Always admired that boat...

You should be seeing her quite a bit in coming years...we will be berthing at Brewers Greenport and will be fishing your neighborhood this summer - don't hesitate to give us a shout!

Say hello to Capt. Bill !

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
Will do!

Which boat was your prior boat?

My last boat was the "Disciple" berthed at Brewer's Stirling Harbor - a 30' Pacemaker - last year was 2006:

disciple starboard 102706.JPG

She was a great boat except for one thing - twin GAS engines that burned 25 gal./hr.! ;) LOL. almost went broke when waterfront gas hit $4/gal. in summer 2006! :eek: That was the last straw... :sad:

disciple port 102706.jpg

Hated to let her go - if she had diesels I would still have her...tough to be without my own boat for 6 long years! Now very excited to splash "Four Bells" and start fishing the best area in the N.E. again this year!

disciple starboard 102706.JPG

disciple port 102706.jpg

Last edited:

mako239

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
1987 28 BHM 210 Cummins
Sea Law i took this picture a few weeks ago at grovers whilei i was getting my BHM surveyed ... Your boat is beautiful!!
We just closed on this one last week, currently known as "Four Bells":

View attachment 11653

I believe the former owner is a poster here also but I don't know his screen name.

We will be fishing hard on the east end of LI Sound this year...lots of numbers to check out!

boat 3.jpg

Estimator

Commander
Boat Make
43 Torres
Four Bells

Sea Law
You bought a great boat from a guy who took great care of her. I have fished on that boat a few times both offshore and inshore. Best of luck with the new sled.

Anthony

sealaw

Lieutenant Commander
Sea Law i took this picture a few weeks ago at grovers whilei i was getting my BHM surveyed ... Your boat is beautiful!!

Thanks mako - great pic of both boats. I think she is beautiful too, but of course I deserve none of the credit - the former owners made her what she is today - and I'm not sure there is much room for improvement!

BTW - very nice BHM - good luck with her! Do I see a double anchor tree on the bowsprit? I'd like to do something like that on the new boat - I would be interested to get a closer look at that arrangement...is it a welded tree? I'm going to have to figure out how to do it without hurting the looks of the existing pulpit - it has to be "functional" and remain "beautiful"...which I believe is the true essence of a downeaster. ;)

Top Bottom