26' General Marine CL Find

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Never heard of them, does anyone know how the General Marine 26 is for a boat?

No need to answer this...

Coastal

Lieutenant
Seems underpowered, no? What speed do you think you would get with that?

Hooper

Captain
Shawn, reminds me of the GM26 I almost grabbed, the rehab project, could have had it for under 20K. Would have been fun to clean her up...

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Hooper that goes through my mind all the time... I'd buy one in a firesale in a HEARTBEAT.

jon3030

Commander
Boat Make
35' Five Islands
What do you guys think of the asking price of 35k? I am interested in this boat and might make an offer soon but I don't want to overpay..based on what I've heard of these boats and what they go for new, I think this might be a decent deal despite the low HP motor...

Last edited:

Hooper

Captain
What do you guys think of the asking price of 35k? I am interested in this boat and might make an offer soon but I don't want to overpay..based on what I've heard of these boats and what they go for new, I think this might be a decent deal despite the low HP motor...

Tough to say Jon without having a close look, or at least having a lot more pics. I wish I had scooped the 26 I looked at recently. A similar clean-up project but they are great boats and well worth the money, effort and time. Who knows, for $25K I think you have a nice boat and you can make her what you want.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Jon, what year is on the hull? Make sure its a 26 and not a 25 listed as the 26... The low HP still gets you in the game, did you say what you were going to be doing with it?

Remember the price of the boat is what he is willing to let it go for...

If I didn't have a boat I'd be really interested in that one enough to drive right now...

jon3030

Commander
Boat Make
35' Five Islands
I think its an '85 hull and it looks like the 26 but I will double check when I look at it. I will be converting it for tuna fishing.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
I have a funny feeling its the 25 with that date but not dead sure...

Jon buy it, you wont be disapointed, commit to it and try to see what you can get off of it...

Where is the hull? If you want I can take a look at it with you to point out some of the problems I had down the road with it... or hit me up at [email protected] when you go to look at it, will give you some pointers on some things...

rusty12

Lieutenant
general marine

Jon just as Shawn said...I have a 26 General Marine as well. I would be happy to help you out if you need anything.

Dan

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
Ask the owner for the hull # and call general marine. When I bought mine they knew everything about what power the boat had and where and when she was finished. Very nice people up there.

CEShawn

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
Downeastless
Jon, make sure to update us, we love the HUNT!

I second contacting General Marine, Stacey is a GREAT guy to talk to. I never even bought anything from him but was just so helpful. In the end, the new owner had lifting rails put on by him, as I was going to do it.

Top Bottom