26 Hinkley

CMK

Lieutenant
And if the conversation goes well today with the seller, I definitely will go see it, at the least.
It seems like a great opportunity. My guess is that the asking price covers little more than the materials cost.

fordy

Commander
As another said. This is a homemadeboat so it doesn't have prestige value

Seller might just want his material cost back and doesn't want to hear anyone bitch after the sale so he priced it very low. I bet the seller still makes money on it if he did it for fun

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
I hear ya! I think I should reach out to the seller again. Morning is over so his morning meeting must be over.
But how do you make an offer long distance? Geez, this buying a boat part is torture.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
I spoke with the seller and we are arranging for a broker to hold a deposit and I am going to FL. Anyone have a recommendation of someone in Florida to check this boat out with me, professional surveyor or not, I'm all ears! Thanks in advance.

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

fordy

Commander
Perhaps is just too hot in Florida and nobody wants a cabin boat there so it's cheap.

Either way, I googled the boat and it looks nice! That's my favorite outboard too

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Oh good to know about that outboard!
I think the price reflects that it is a home built boat by a non professional boat builder.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
We came to an agreement and I arranged with a broker here in Maine to hold the deposit and write the contract. I will be booking the trip to Florida next. Wow.
Best of luck to you. I hope it works out.
I would suggest trying to get a local Yamaha tech to take a look at the motor. For an hour or two of labor you could get some good info.
Did you try and work the trailer in?
I would drive down and trailer that thing home in a hot second if the builder didn't muck it up.
Keep us posted.

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
Best of luck to you. I hope it works out.
I would suggest trying to get a local Yamaha tech to take a look at the motor. For an hour or two of labor you could get some good info.
Did you try and work the trailer in?
I would drive down and trailer that thing home in a hot second if the builder didn't muck it up.
Keep us posted.
Thanks for the good luck wishes.
Yes, the trailer is included.
So you suggest a mechanic over a surveyor? Don't I also need to know that he did the epoxy correctly and there is no moisture any where and other things like wiring, grounding, etc?

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

CaptMD

Lieutenant Commander
He's recommending you get both. A Yamaha tech will be able to plug into the engine and tell you about what rpm's its been run at, and give the engine a once over. Worth having done to make sure the current owner hasn't run the boat everywhere at WOT.
Got it! Thanks.

Top Bottom