26' Northern Bay $25k

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

novivin

Captain
So I guess by "turn key and go" he is referring to the key of your truck as you just drag this out of his yard? I think a sea trial is a very reasonable request if it's not a project boat or an auction. Not talking about a joy ride, but a sea trial for a serious buyer. What are people thinking. :(
I would not fork over 25k for this or any boat if I could not determine the mechanical value of it’s systems first. That said, he is starting at a low price for that hull//trailer/power package if they all work as advertised “turn key”. That is a large engine for that hull. Look at the painted waterline at the stern. Setting low...
@southshore on here has one of these with a 300 Suzuki on a floatation bracket and he said he can’t use the power unless it is FAC. Even said it is scary at WOT.

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

fordy

Commander
I'd have to hear it run in driveway and that's all I'd need. Maybe compression test. Sea trials are for inboards. Outboards you can run in the driveway

I'd bring my cheap ebay software to plug in but not really necessary.

MAArcher

Rear Admiral
Good find.
@MAArcher you still looking for something like this?
Looking at the pics I think I'd definitely need a new trailer. At the ramp I use I need all the tongue length I can get and its better to have the boat down low between the wheels. Also not sure if I'd want to deal with transporting and selling all the traps. Guy said he won't separate. We'll see if its still available in a couple of weeks.

Jamato14

Lieutenant Commander
First Name
Jim
Boat Make
23’ Palmetto Custom CC
Kind of disappointing to hear the seller has no interest in a survey or sea trial. Exactly what I’m looking for in theory from a boat and starter side job lobster setup but no shot I’m spending more than a few K without at least a survey (or a knowledgeable friend/family member with a rubber mallet and tuning fork) and getting a scan for the engine on land. I may reach out but seems at first glance a little too good to be true and there’s something hiding...if that’s not the case why not let someone test it and have the boat sell itself?

Dorado

Commander
For the price, mkt, where he is and what comes with it, I’m gusssing he knows it’ll sell quick without much effort. It’s barely March so he might not want to deal with a dip. If it was a good fit for me I’d be heading up with a mallet, earmuffs, and compression tester.

That being said I want to buy the vast majority of used DE boats.

Last edited:

Me2Ma

Lieutenant
Kind of disappointing to hear the seller has no interest in a survey or sea trial. Exactly what I’m looking for in theory from a boat and starter side job lobster setup but no shot I’m spending more than a few K without at least a survey (or a knowledgeable friend/family member with a rubber mallet and tuning fork) and getting a scan for the engine on land. I may reach out but seems at first glance a little too good to be true and there’s something hiding...if that’s not the case why not let someone test it and have the boat sell itself?
People from downeast don’t want to deal with people coming in and taking up time kicking tires. He knows it will sell quick

WoundUpMarine

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
John
Boat Make
26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Codcruncher

Commander
I sent him an email 2 days ago asking about running the engine with muffs on a hose...haven't heard back yet

Diesel Jerry

Admiral
Lite User

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
So who’s gonna step up and take a ride? Early bird gets the worm. Or atleast some cheap lobster

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Not many of the NB 25' boats around- pretty good deal especially with all the gear. I hope they become a member of the DE Boat Forum.

Top Bottom