26' Palmer Scott

CMR

Lieutenant
Boat Make
D. Hylan 29’ Beals Island
Interested in thoughts, opinions, red flags on this listing. 2009 build on a 1950's glass hull.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/Palmer-Scott---Skip-Lippincott-Custom-DownEast-2378249/Riverton/NJ/United-States

Old military glass hull, low engine hours (& low HP) and new renovation. Scott was an early glass builder in the 50s & Lippincott appears to have been a builder at one time.

Will be 1st boat & looking for a DE cruiser type for coastal Maine… day excursions & want a reliable, sound boat.

Am also looking at Dyer, Wasque, AJ28s etc. & trying to get up to speed.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Looking at the chines in a few of those pix, I have to say that she MIGHT tend to roll a little bit with that classic fifties round bilge. The keel appears to be designed for improved prop efficiency. Above the water line I have to agree with Tuna, she's definately got the cool factor going for her.

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Tripp Angler 22' Flush Deck Cuddy
Jesus Christ, it's beautiful. Simple, timeless. Buy it. Any info on numbers with that power?

BOSBoatMan

Vice Admiral
Boat Make
36 Hatteras/13 Whaler/24 Sailfish
There was one of these for sale on Certified Sales website (restored, pretty sure it was on brokerage side) and a guy at my club has one (albeit just the fiberglass shell!)

Really sweet boat. Not very beamy so I would expect 22-25 knots at top end...

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
There was one of these for sale on Certified Sales website (restored, pretty sure it was on brokerage side) and a guy at my club has one (albeit just the fiberglass shell!)

Really sweet boat. Not very beamy so I would expect 22-25 knots at top end...[/QUOTE

I want it. But I am not sure I want the varnish upkeep.

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Herreshoff Coquina, 1972 Jarvis Newman 36, PT11
Sweet looking boat. Been for sale on Yachtworld for over a year. The Lippincott family are well known boatbuilders on the Chesapeake so it could be as good as it looks.

fortier256

Captain
Boat Make
Fortier 26
Interested in thoughts, opinions, red flags on this listing. 2009 build on a 1950's glass hull.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/Palmer-Scott---Skip-Lippincott-Custom-DownEast-2378249/Riverton/NJ/United-States

Old military glass hull, low engine hours (& low HP) and new renovation. Scott was an early glass builder in the 50s & Lippincott appears to have been a builder at one time.

Will be 1st boat & looking for a DE cruiser type for coastal Maine… day excursions & want a reliable, sound boat.

Am also looking at Dyer, Wasque, AJ28s etc. & trying to get up to speed.
That is one pretty boat. If you like that have a look at a Fortier 26.

jojobee

Commander
Designed by a naval architect with the last name of Dobson. I forget his first name. Palmer Scott used him to design the original version of the Tripp Angler. I see them around from time to time.

CMR

Lieutenant
Boat Make
D. Hylan 29’ Beals Island
thanks for the feedback.

Are there a concerns/specific things to look for with glass hull of this age?

Seawayva

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
thanks for the feedback.

Are there a concerns/specific things to look for with glass hull of this age?

I would imagine a boat of that vintage would be way overbuilt. When builders first started using fiberglass, the tendency was towards using a lot. As far as specific concerns, I am not sure. I would think that the builder who spent the time and money to make that boat look like it now does probably took a good hard look at the hull be fore he dove into the project.

A surveyor would be able to locate any problems.

Since see this boat I have been looking all over to find a prettier one, and I simply can't. There is something about it that really resonates. It's so clean looking and so uncluttered and simple.

Palmer Scott.jpg

Last edited:

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
We had one in our yard a few years ago, really solid construction, thick glass hull, looked like US Navy launch build specs.

Joshvt

Lieutenant
Website
www.shootersloft.com
Boat Make
Eastern
Since see this boat I have been looking all over to find a prettier one, and I simply can't. There is something about it that really resonates. It's so clean looking and so uncluttered and simple.

I would have to agree. Even the wife thinks it's incredible.

Course it's about $49,500 too expensive for us at the moment :D

chortle

Captain
Boat Make
Make him an offer, it has been out there for quite a while.

Top Bottom