26 seaway

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
The boat is available without the engine for $6500 if anyone is interested in that.

Bigho

Lieutenant
Wow great deal! My buddy has a 26, rides like a tank and sits like a duck. Glws.

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
I've been told 20 knot cruise but I have not had the boat in the water. I bought it from the second owner who is the one that had the engine put on. The boat had a few issue I had to take care of, mainly wiring and stuff and an area of the deck where they added a tank needed to be replaced because nothing was done to keep it dry. I originally bought the boat for the engine but plans changed so I'm selling the whole package, I was going to pull this engine and find another. The motor runs perfect, if you do some research it actually a 225 Yamaha. Merc bought there 1st four strokes from Yamaha before they came out with the verado. All the filters and oil are Yamaha parts. It's a big boat, 10ft wide. I like the layout and would keep it but I really have no use for 3 boats!

longislander89

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
23 seacraft
I am kicking my self hard right now. I am right in sayville too. Was trying to see if i could get some cash together.

Just out of curiosity would you have had interest in a 1984 23 sea craft, hardtop, and 225 Yamaha ox66 plus cash?

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
The yellow boat in front of this is a 76 seacraft. We've redone a bunch of them so yeah I probably would have been interested.

dremsen

Ensign
Mike, I'm the guy who purchased the boat. It lives in Woods Hole, MA now and brought a happy family over to Hadley's Harbor for a leisurely swim today. After purchasing, I towed the boat here and now it's berthed on my dock at work (Marine Biological Laboratory). I had all the fuel lines replaced because they were pre-ethanol and seriously de-laminated. Switched out filters and water separator and all seems well. There are a variety of non-functioning gauges that include 2 separate windlass switches and 2 different trim gauges. The console windshield and rail are exactly the wrong height for me as they intersect my line of sight and I'm going to reduce the height of the former and totally remove the latter. The hard top frame provides plenty to grab hold of. Electrical switches will get moved up on the console proper so people don't switch them on or off accidentally when moving past. Will switch out halogen lights for LED and add a solar charger.

My plan is to run it for the summer and build up a list of things I want to modify and do that after the boating season ends, which for me is generally around December. I've got access to a boat shop with a lift so I can get all over it. I think it's a great-looking and solid boat. The former name is gone and the boat is now called "Boomer," which is the middle name of my son and the maiden name of my wife's grandmother. In Dutch, "boom" is the word for a tree or a pole. But a "boomer" is a tiller man or the person steering the boat. So it's both a family name and a good boat name in general.

Your dad was great and I appreciate his help and patience in getting the transaction together.

best,
David Remsen

tunaorlater

Admiral
Boat Make
40' Northern bay
David, glad to hear its working out for you. That boat was a very capable platform, just needed a few updates. If I remember correctly the windless was shot so don't go crazy trying to get it going. What kind of speed do you get out of it? It's a large 26 that's for sure. That motor has very low hours, I'm sure my dad gave you the whole story behind it. The name Definatly needed to go! Best of luck with it.

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.
Top Bottom