22' Calvin Beal
Last edited:

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
It will have an Armstrong bracket. They have the hull measurements on file.
So how does that work?
Does Armstrong have a catalog of hulls they make the brackets to fit as orders come in?
If yes, what happens if they don't have a hull form on file?
Call them to find out I suppose.
My next project will be a DE center console and may need a bracket in the long term.

jdickau484

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal
Last edited:

xbskt

Vice Admiral
First Name
Jeff
Boat Make
28 Crowley Beal
I am thinking a company like that just has a whole bunch of manufacturers on file. The builder has been in contact with Armstrong, and they have the hull measurements needed from the last builder. When I had my bracket made, by a guy that was essentially a one man show, my builder made up a template that showed the curve of the transom beam to beam and then also measured the angle of the transom. Those were the two big measurements, along with motor shaft length and overall width. We also discussed the shape of the bottom at the transom, and he added a little curve to the bottom of the bracket, to more accurately reflect the shape of the bottom. Its been a while but I believe Armstrong has a form on their website.
I'll have to check it out with all the time I have on my hands right now.
20 Mitchell Cove is my target hull. I would think they had done one before but maybe not.
Having one I can get premade would be hugely helpful as I want to do this one myself. A lot scary. I am.a good electrician but not so much on the FG. Haha.
Enough of the highjack.
Love the Webcos. The 29 was the first DE I ever was on. Boat was re asy on the eyes and the body.

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
I love this boat and outboard combo and cant wait to see it finished out. Going to open a lot of peoples eyes to outboard power and love the bracket so you get a full Transom and swim platform all in one.

I wonder about the power though- fuel cap seems a little short (not too much maybe 25 gals more would be nice depending on how you use it) to me which makes me think the smaller engine might be better but then maybe the fuel consumption would be better on the bigger engine at lower rpm/cruise. In reality it still is a DE so will run fast when its flat but too flat aft to really go more than maybe 25kts when its bumpy so how much power do you need? Short ride to the Oar for you so maybe a 15hp kicker motor is all.... :)

jdickau484

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal

south shore

Captain
First Name
Nick
Boat Make
25 Northern Bay
Great hull choice cant wait to follow this build, almost did an older 26 WC conversion to outboard . For those of you that have not been up close to one all I can say is this is a huge hull for a 26 foot boat. they tend to raise the deck height for the inboard version but with the outboard you could probably drop the deck height 6 inches an the scuppers would still be 6 inches above the water line and you would have approx.30 inch gunwale height.
I say go with a 300HP engine think about a 30 inch shaft gets everything up out of the water even at rest,
I run a 300HP on my 26 northern bay I think I could get away with 250hp but your boats is going to be bigger and probably heavier then mine so 300hp would be the way to go. and like you said you wont be running the engine hard to cruise in the 18 to 24 knts. range, fuel wise at 18 -22 knts. I burn 7 to 9.5 GPH so conservatively say 10 GPH running 20 knts with 75% rule = 7.5 running hours with @ 150 nautical mile range. if your planning long range trip 120 gallon tank would add a little more distance, I hold 100 gallons and even running 70 mile round trip runs my fuel is never below the half tank mark.

Double G

Lieutenant
Boat Make
29 H& H
I had a Novi built in 2000. I used it for a variety of commercial fishing. When I purchased it I had a small cabin up front. Plenty of room pushed very easy. With then cabin on the bow I added 300lb of weight in the cabin. Depending what sea conditions you are using this boat remember you don't have a 1200lb hunk of iron in the front of the boat. Plus factory in the 800lb hunk of weight on the transom. Build her heavy on the nose.

bunker boat 13.jpg

Eastporter

Admiral
Boat Make
Sold- 20' Eastporter (Rebuilt 2011) 22' Pearson Ensign
Great idea to go with an all composite build on this boat! Did the builder make those glass stringers or from a factory?

jdickau484

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal
Last edited:

Toolate

Admiral
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50
Would be great to see if you could find out how that other boat with twin 115’s runs on one. I bet it does reasonably well. Personally would go with the 300 if weight is the same. Cant wait to see it finished out.

Which 22 are you talking about? :)

Buzzard11

Lieutenant
Does anyone know what are the spec for this boat and how does it compare to the Northern Bay 26? Is there a website to research or contact the builder? Thanks

Top Bottom