26' Webber's Cove - Outboard

Powderpro

Admiral
Website
www.oneilboats.com
Boat Make
O'Neil
Looks perfect. Is 7,200 pounds with any fuel? What else needs added to the boat? That weight is boat only, no trailer? I’m thinking my 28’s with twin engines would probably be at least a 1,000 more pounds than your 26’.

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
I had a Novi built in 2000. I used it for a variety of commercial fishing. When I purchased it I had a small cabin up front. Plenty of room pushed very easy. With then cabin on the bow I added 300lb of weight in the cabin. Depending what sea conditions you are using this boat remember you don't have a 1200lb hunk of iron in the front of the boat. Plus factory in the 800lb hunk of weight on the transom. Build her heavy on the nose.

View attachment 80533

Ditchdigger

Rear Admiral
Sorry about my f up.
Hey Steve, this setup might bring back old memories. Lot's of room to throw them fish in the back. Just need to leave enough room to drive the boat. Ain't liking the No house deal with no heat. The older I get, the better I used to be.
Need some shelter. You didn't even turn the heat on yesterday ! Didn't want to spoil the crew for the weather that's coming.
Great experience yesterday ! Loved it all. Looking forward to the next trip.
As a commentary, I can't even explain how hard these commercial fisherman work, the conditions they fish in, and the danger that lurks on every deck of a commercial fisherman. This is not a career for the faint of heart, or pu---es !
I am rethinking my place on this Totem Pole ! I am done with working for a living. I worked hard. Now I can just run the Flaker !!! Flaker on, Flaker off !!!
Thanks much for the experience Steve. Even though you sawzalled the sh-t out of a good boat, it is a very well thought out productive boat. With Heat, split wheel house, and auto pilot !! You be living large Stevie ! You'll be joining the 50' Wesmac 2 boats down from you in Florida soon.

jdickau484

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal

Brunod79

Lieutenant
Lite User
Boat Make
28 Northern Bay

jdickau484

Captain
Lite User
First Name
Jordan
Boat Make
22' Calvin Beal
Last edited:

spw19

Lieutenant
Beautiful boat, fantastic work. I admire that you're not afraid to put that paint through some skim ice for the sea trial!

JBrinch88

Lieutenant
This boat came out absolutely beautful. Great work. I would love to put together one of these hulls for my next boat. Very curious to how she performs in all sea conditions especially a tight 2-3' chop.

Top Bottom