28' aj

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Fit & finish is excellent. Very high tech cored construction. Light in weigh and a very easy boat to push. 250 HP will give you a solid 18 knots at cruise. They will handle diesel power up to 370 HP for excellent speed performance. The bow has very fine entry and the propeller aperture can handle a very large wheel. I give the AJ a 9.5 out of 10 on my review scale.

Brooksie

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
Bruno-Stillman 35
Captinlarry is correct on all points AJ is a great boat, a friend owned one and it took less power to do the same job as the Dyer 29 I ran. Maybe not quite as good a sea boat as the Dyer but dryer and less rolly. I love AJ's website all good speed, power/construction info.

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
Fit & finish is excellent. Very high tech cored construction. Light in weigh and a very easy boat to push. 250 HP will give you a solid 18 knots at cruise. They will handle diesel power up to 370 HP for excellent speed performance. The bow has very fine entry and the propeller aperture can handle a very large wheel. I give the AJ a 9.5 out of 10 on my review scale.

24" wheel max

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason
Boat was for sale last year.. I think they dropped a new engine in it after it sold.. Love that boat

CMR

Lieutenant
Boat Make
D. Hylan 29’ Beals Island
Interesting... found a few threads on them. Crazy to think of going 50MPH on Frenchman's bay.

I'll likely ask for more pics...$32K seems like short money (relatively).

Bill

Founder
Boat Make
27 Terry Jason

Larry can you elaborate on the high tech ?

Eslang

Commander
Boat Make
43 Flowers
The whole boat is foam core construction. Alan has molds for all the components. The end result is a high end finish, light, strong lobster yacht boat. He does a really nice job. Hard chine molded lift rails. I had one with a 250 yanmar and it did an honest 18 kt cruise at 3000 rpm at 5 GPH

blackdiamond296

Lieutenant Commander
Boat Make
Alan Johnson 28 w/ 260 Yanmar
The lobster boat layout on that one makes me think it has the one level deck with the 4" motor box. Not a bad thing necessarily, but not the step up floor that make the AJ 28 so unique in this size range.

...love ours after this first season, only thing I really want to do at this point is build lee boards for the cockpit- the gunnels are noticeably lower than on a Fortier.

Top Bottom