28' calvin beal

jigger80

Lieutenant
looks like a nice boat but it seems to be an odd combo of a hard top bass boat whereas most would prefer a full pilothouse. Iveco engine doesnt have a great dealer support network and I dont know that the engine is necessarily good or bad?

Looks to have some nice woodwork but the wiring looks to need a little clean up and was maybe Owner done?

Would be curious to know who finished it? Seems a bit overpriced for what it is. If it were to be offered $90K or below I would bet it would start getting some more interest.

cb34

Rear Admiral

Boat was finished by Joe Sargent. The owner had 200k into it and suddenly passed when the boat was 95% complete. The boat went up for sale for 175k without ever being splashed. Joe told me the family sold the boat for 60k. The new owner had the hard top lifted. Very curious why performance #'s are never shared.

jigger80

Lieutenant
Boat was finished by Joe Sargent. The owner had 200k into it and suddenly passed when the boat was 95% complete. The boat went up for sale for 175k without ever being splashed. Joe told me the family sold the boat for 60k. The new owner had the hard top lifted. Very curious why performance #'s are never shared.

Well if Joe finished it, its a safe bet its quality work, and good work doesnt come cheap.

So this ad is old news, boat has already been sold and broker is clueless?

cb34

Rear Admiral
Well if Joe finished it, its a safe bet its quality work, and good work doesnt come cheap.

So this ad is old news, boat has already been sold and broker is clueless?
Looks like the current owner has boat for sale;)

guitarman

Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
what's the difference between a Wayne or a Calvin hull

FVSD

Lieutenant Commander
That would be an expensive boat to build again. I like the setup, no engine box and tons of power must be 30Kts plus. Would be a great part time tuna and family boat.....just needs a different color for me.

dedoman

Ensign
Boat Make
24' Power Cat, Hulls designed by Walter Greene from Yarmouth ME, top designed by me.
Beal

Calvin Beal designed and built the Little Girl in wood. A mold was made for Wayne Beal to produce the Wayne Beal 28. Wayne sold the mold and now it's the Mussel Ridge 28.
Info is to the best of my knowledge.
They go good! (this I know!)

Maine Lobster Boat Race, Rockland 2008 - YouTube

Top Bottom