28 Harris

katelyn_a

Ensign
Boat Make
42' Mussel Ridge
Great DE would like to talk to owner about potential purchase .
If you would like to get in touch with the owner then private message me he is one of my best friends and a great guy just like @CCtuna mentioned. One of the nicest downeast boats around in this size range, impeccably maintained.

Lieutenant
stupid question; how do these hulls compare to NB's/ H&H's in terms of desirability?

jweir

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

fordy

Commander
I thought I saw the molds for sale a few times. It's beautiful with the compound curves. But I think it needs a built in chine to reduce roll

Jason S

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User
First Name
Jason

ben2go

Lieutenant Commander
That's a sweet machine. I can't have a nice boat. I'd be to worried about a ding or scratch. Don't hurt my baby!

Joemas

Lieutenant Commander
I'm curious if anyone has run one of these. Particularly how the handle speed, head seas, following seas. Seems like a very usable layout for a smaller DE for overnight cruising while still being a great fishing platform. Very clean looking.
I run an 82 Harris with a 6bta . Cruise 15 wot 21. It’s a beast in a head sea . One of the beat head sea boats in its class . Any sea off the port or stbd and it gets pretty squirley.
that being said my simrad autopilot keeps it steady .

jweir

Lieutenant Commander
Lite User

Joemas

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the info. How’s it do in a steep following sea?
Not that I am a fair weather fisherman but when u say steep not sure I can answer that . To me steep is upwards from 4and 5’s. Then i choose to stay at home or in the bays . Again when the sea is pushing on the stern quarters it can become a hand full . Having not owned other DE boats it’s hard to draw a comparison . My tiara was awesome in a following sea compared to the Harris . Head sea , it eats it up .

Top Bottom