28 Northern Bay

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
It's Blue Thunder! She has Kevlar in her layup, can't remember if it's one layer or two. Coincidentally she is the hull directly before my own 28 way back in the day.

F/V First Team

Admiral
Website
www.otisenterprisesmarine.com
Boat Make
Northern Bay 36 - Modified
Originally it was for the foreman down at Downeast Boats and Composites, but for whatever reason he never paid for it (materials cost only) so it sat. Then it was sold to Jack over at Frasier's Performance in Stockton, and sat. Then it was sold to Howard Gray who had it finished off in the same basic style of "Northern Bay 28" with the Steyr engine and all that jazz, even though she wasn't as light (Northern Bay 28 weighed in at 4,000 lbs when she was racing, she was pretty damn thin). Howard raced it for many years and finally they moved onto a larger boat, 35 RP I believe for winter fishing and shrimping if I recall correctly. This fellow bought it and now is looking to invest in a different direction with the sale of this boat.

Interesting fact: The transom extension (the porch as they call it downeast) was a roof cut-off that we had kicking around the shop that we tossed on board one day so she could set more gear easier.

Boat does 32 mph.

Top Bottom