28 Northern Bay

Reelman955

Commander
First Name
Roy
Boat Make
New Boat 2015 24 Seaway w/115 Mercury Command Thrust/ Old Boat-2007 28 Seaworthy/BHM 315 Yanmar
Spoke with the broker. Boat is on land and aval for viewing. Owner is in town till January 7th and will be returning to Florida for the rest of the winter. If anybody is interested in checking it out with the owner present for questions, do it before the 7th.

Keelboater

Admiral
Boat Make
35' Bruno & Stillman
Nice ride! Nice set-up at home too! Why even go to FL? (I know, just because he can)

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
This Calvin Beal designed vessel is a rugged inshore fisherman. It is comfortable cruising at 24 knots with its single 370 hp Yanmar diesel. And with 160 gallons of fuel, you'll plenty of range. The cockpit is uncluttered so fishing, crabbing or just entertaining your friends is both easy and safe. It draws 3' 6" with a full keel so you don't have to worry about your running gear in the bays.

This boat looks like a diamond. Correct power, perfect fuel capacity along with a great look. The asking price is well within reason.

Toolate

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Ben
Boat Make
1998 36' Sabre Express CAT 3116TA's, 2015 ROS Scotia 16 Etec 50

Hooper

Captain
It is a pretty rig just wonder about that 24knot cruise :rolleyes:.

My Seaworthy 28 had a 370 Volvo 63 series and wot was about 26 it's. Sure it could cruise at 24 kits, if I had the bank for it I guess. 18 would be a more realistic number in my uneducated opinion!

captainlarry84

Rear Admiral
Boat Make
KristenFormer Charter Captain
Wonder what it cost new? That does look like a good # and hard to believe its just that after only 11 years. Looks like it sat onthe dock most of its life.

Is a good # & yes hard to believe but some owner are highly motivated to sell & just want O-U-T, so they forget the emotional attachments bite the bullet & offer the boat at a very fair market price. Once sold in the long run the owner still gets the Lyons Share. And yes it probably did sit at the dock another reason for a reasonable price when it is time it is time. This boat is a great deal at very reasonable asking price. The power you just cannot get a better power plant then that Yanmar 370. Just a great motor. Very easy to work on, great on fuel, light in weigh & quiet it does not get any better that that.

jsakovits

Captain
Boat Make
36' Calvin Beal
I spoke to the broker before he listed this and if it had a winterback and accommodations for cruising would be all over this.

DudeShippinOut

Lieutenant
Boat Make
28' T Jason
Just drove 6 hours to look at this thing today. I'm convinced that boat brokers don't know a damn thing about boats. I must have heard "it was built in Maine" about 30 times today. Boat needs some tlc, was a little neglected. Pilot house roof/overhead was way to low for me, if your 5'8" this boat is a possibility for you. PM me if you want more details.

Old Mud

Admiral
Lite User
First Name
Don
Boat Make
Ho Made

Bpd92

Commander
Lite User
First Name
Brian
Boat Make
35 Duffy

Raider Ronnie

Vice Admiral
Lite User
Website
www.bostonharborcharters.com
Boat Make
33 Flowers.

Reelman955

Commander
First Name
Roy
Boat Make
New Boat 2015 24 Seaway w/115 Mercury Command Thrust/ Old Boat-2007 28 Seaworthy/BHM 315 Yanmar
Me too

I made my own drive also, luckily it was only 3 hours each way for me. What is said above is all on the money. My biggest issue was with the broker. I was told to get down for a viewing quickly because the owner who was in town for the holidays would be returning to Florida for the winter on Jan 7. Thought it was a good idea to be able to speak directly with the owner about any of the questions I was sure to have. I apologize for not posting this sooner cause I didn't want to bash anybody. I chalked it up to a bad day. PM me for additional info. If you do make the trip, bring a flashlight. Boat has a cover on it the doesn't allow light in.

Gps98

Lieutenant
Hey fellas, for those of you who made the trip, how bad was this one? Thinking of making the trip myself.

DudeShippinOut

Lieutenant
Boat Make
28' T Jason
Call the broker, he'll tell you all about it!! Then he'll try to sell you an Henriques, ridiculous. I know a forum member on here offered atleast 60k and was told that's not even close to where it needs to be. Pm for more info.

Top Bottom