30' Repco Lobster boat

moetuna

Commander
question

Can anyone tell me what kind of boats these are ? compared to other 28 - 30 DE . See quite a few for sale, always cheap money. They must be older boats ? Don't make them anymore ? Fiberglass or wood ?

Blitzen

Admiral
Boat Make
Flowers Boat Works 46 hull #1, Flowers Boat Works 36 hull #1, Wayne Beal 28 Hull #1, Repco 30 1968,
Can anyone tell me what kind of boats these are ? compared to other 28 - 30 DE . See quite a few for sale, always cheap money. They must be older boats ? Don't make them anymore ? Fiberglass or wood ?

I owned one years ago. It was built in 1968, solid fiberglass hull with a plywood and glass house. I was told the mold was taken from an old Jonesporter back in the 60's. It is a very small 30 footer at 9'-6" beam and 2'-6" draft. Mine was set up with a flush deck and the engine forward of the steering bulkhead. It was powered with a 120 hp ford and cruised at 9 kts day in and out. It was good in a head sea but don't turn it beam too if you don't want to go swimming. It would roll like an empty coke can on the water. I would say it was a good inshore boat and very economical to operate I only wish it had a few more ponies, they will get up and go with more power.
Here is a shot of the boat after I rebuilt the house.

IMG_3453.jpg

Last edited:

moetuna

Commander
Nice lines. They are a good looking boat but I need something more seaworthy . Thanks for your response . Saves me time and possibly a mistake buying the wrong boat ( for me ) .

Top Bottom