26' Duffy, 23' Seaway, 14' Holland

Dr Dude

Captain
Lite User
Boat Make
Fortier 33 , McKeeCraft 28

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Alright,,, I'll keep my mouth shut just in case you are being sarcastic.

Last edited:

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Dr Dude;61 846 said:
not a sarcastic comment.

Oh, I don't know what you mean then. How is this cool then in comparison to the many other boats out there in the 30ish foot range? For instance, how is the sisu30 compared to the bhm31 or even a smaller boat like a h&h 29. There is a lot of boats out there... where does this one fall in a scale from worst to best. Which boats would you feel are worse than this and which could be better? tia

tunamojo

Rear Admiral
Website
Www.wickedweasel.com
Boat Make
Holland 32
Lobster.....

The sisu 30 in itself is a great boat, and has been laid out in all forms of pleasure and work platforms.
its smaller counter part , the sisu 22 has been also used in Commercial applications and pleasure.
long before the boom of bigger better more boats,sisu were the go to hull for many fisherman. I watched this boom happen as I owned one of the first H&H 38's with the Mack E7 650 HP boats that Bruce Grindel Sold !!!

Now the BHM boats speak for themselves. I dont think you can find an owner to say a bad word about them, except maybe speed.

The H&H boat really only has one fault in my eyes and that is, that they have a sharp entry (pointy fucking nose) and it makes for a wet boat.
Does that make it bad Hell no !!!!!

As we all know "ALL" downeast are different, kinda like all the people on this board ! So when one person likes a cruiser another may not.
Dont challenge him on his likes, just enjoy the ride !!!!

Last edited:

lobstercatcher

Rear Admiral
Thanks Mojo.

That is the kind of opinion I like to see. It gives the boat a balance. I do believe the sisu 26 was considered their best performing hull. Royal Lowell is a well known name and the sisu was probably the number 1 contributor to his nick name. What is the reason Sisu stopped manufacturing their boats?

Last edited:

guitarman

Commander
Boat Make
Dyer 29 Hardtop
it looks like a lot of boat for the money! you can't buy a new pickup to pull it with for that.

nick4634

Lieutenant
these boats are great except for the roll. the 26 hasa better rep thatn the 30. the 30 is'nt known for being a great hull. and that one must roll like a bitch with that flybridge

m williams

Commander
How bad do these boats roll on a drift compared to others could you add weight to the keel to slow roll

Latest Posts

Top Bottom